PDA

View Full Version : What Happens If?

4570hunter
11-08-2008, 01:20 PM
A friend was guided by someone that does not have a guiding license.
In fact, this person has an operation providing services like a riverboat to hunters that includes everything but guide hunting. I told him to report right away. What should he do? This person scouted and lead him right to all the animals. He was not aware that this was illegal, he thought the operation provider was being friendly. There were harvests and the operation person helped him skin and pack the animal. It was by all accounts a successful hunt but not without the help of the operation owner. Upon reflection the owner asked that this not be mentioned by the customer to anyone because he could get in trouble.

What should the customer do and will he get in trouble for talking to a CO
about it?

2slow
11-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Did the hunter get charged any extra fees other than the jetboat transportation??? if they are both residents of the province then I dont see a problem with it if the operator did not gain anything financial from it.....But I could be wrong so am looking forward to some others giving input

11-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Did the hunter get charged any extra fees other than the jetboat transportation??? if they are both residents of the province then I dont see a problem with it if the operator did not gain anything financial from it.....But I could be wrong so am looking forward to some others giving input

It is illegal for a licensed commecial transporter to guide a hunting client unless he is also a guide-outfitter, but otherwise I believe you are correct, it's only illegal guiding if some one charged for it. Skinning and packing is OK under any circumatances.

NEEHAMA
11-08-2008, 02:15 PM
what did it cost ? i didn't read any money refrences.

bigmike
11-08-2008, 02:16 PM
what did it cost ? i didn't read any money refrences.
x2
need a few more details to say if iuts legit or not

kgriz
11-08-2008, 02:40 PM
What? No sheep hunters contibuting to this???........Why not? Sounds like an interesting debate to me.

Gateholio
11-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Tell your friend to talk to the CO's if he feels he was somehow wronged or feels guilty.

That is the bottom line...And this thread is now locked, since it is just going to get into a situation where HBC gets into a lawsuit:tongue: