PDA

View Full Version : christian valley

goatdancer
11-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Anybody planning on going up the Christian Valley to hunt WTs soon? I was thru there last week and couldn't believe the amount of logging that's happening. Both sides of the Kettle River and heading up toward Nevertouch Lake are becoming completely bare. I don't know how it will affect the deer this year but where will they go when all the cover is gone?

hunter1947
11-08-2008, 06:02 AM
They will move to where they have to for cover ,it might be 5 miles or it might take 10 miles so this is when I would look for the edge of the timber to slash for deer if I was headed up there ,they have to go somewhere in that would be my guess http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif.

ELKOHOLICBC
11-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Yeah goatdancer, were heading back up to the Christian Valley for our annual trip. I've noticed over the last few years the biggger cuts thier taking out back there. Was there any snow in the high country back there yet? We'll be leaving on the 15th till the end of the season, we have to wall tent it this year because the rendell cabins were shut down.:cry:

goatdancer
11-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Wasn't any snow to speak of last week but it snowed hard on Thursday. Trouble is it got real warm on Friday so some of it would be gone. Supposed to get colder on Sunday but that will just make the snow really crunchy. If the weather co-operates there should be more snow by the time you get there. There's logging going on somewhere along Rendell so watch out for trucks. Also heading up to Nevertouch - no trucks coming down because the Damfino bridge is load restricted. You shouldn't have any trouble getting lots of firewood. Good luck.

gameslayer
11-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Yea I will be headed up in a week n half. Hopfully the faller Buncher has cut around my tree stand :smile: . I actually saw that this year, a clear cut and the operator left the 3 trees with the stand in it. He probably thought he was pretty funny :razz:. I hope the snow hits the hills hard. They did not move down until late last year so we were hunting Home steders that had been hunted already for the past 2 1/2 months but I managed to connect on a rutting buck grunting and persuing a doe.

goatdancer
11-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Yea I will be headed up in a week n half. Hopfully the faller Buncher has cut around my tree stand :smile: . I actually saw that this year, a clear cut and the operator left the 3 trees with the stand in it. He probably thought he was pretty funny :razz:. I hope the snow hits the hills hard. They did not move down until late last year so we were hunting Home steders that had been hunted already for the past 2 1/2 months but I managed to connect on a rutting buck grunting and persuing a doe.

Who was grunting and pursuing the doe?:wink:

goatdancer
11-08-2008, 03:59 PM
By the way, the pics on Google Earth don't even faintly resemble the logging going on. Maybe the deer will be more bunched up in a lot less shelter.

lloydster
11-09-2008, 07:36 AM
leaving this morning for 1 week journey. go every year for past 5. sure hope weather cools more! cant hardly wait! something bout the valley and them whitetails. just love it! big camp on centre main. good luck guys! where did you get the wall tent and how $$$?

ELKOHOLICBC
11-09-2008, 01:00 PM
My dad borrowed it from his buddies that he goes moose hunting with, not sure how much it was. hopefully we'll see you back there lloydster. We'll be staying on our friends ranch.

BEARSLAYER
11-09-2008, 08:53 PM
just got back from moir creek area .Saw some elk ;1moose a few small whitetails and lots of grouse. we were hopeing to get a big muley but not a chance. I did get a smallish whitetailbuck but that was it.:lol::lol: