PDA

View Full Version : Field Dressing / Butchering book - Where to get one?

i6s1
09-18-2005, 09:03 PM
I'd like to have a reference book on field dressing and butchering big game for my trip this week. I've found a couple on Amazon and Chapters, but I don't think they have much chance of making it here before I leave tommorow or Tuesday. I've looked in a few gun shops, and Chapeters B+M, but I can't find anything locally. Does anyone know where I can buy a good book, somewhere between Vancouver and Lilooet? I don't have too much more time to search around.

I'd also be interested in buying used if anyone has anything good collecting dust on a shelf.

Thanks in advance.

ruger#1
09-18-2005, 09:08 PM
hey is go to walmart and pickup dressing and cooking wildgame.it will have all the information you want, the books are made by the hunting and fishing library, very good books. hope this helps

Marc
09-18-2005, 09:08 PM
I got one at Walmart. I think it's called wild game recipies. It's in the hunting/fishing section. It shows from gutting, skinning and portions of the animal for diferent cuts of meat. Plus there is a lot of good game recipies in it as well.

Marc.

i6s1
09-18-2005, 09:18 PM
I didn't even know walmart had a book section, other then bestseller paperbacks. I'll go the Abbotsford one, that's a lot bigger then the Surrey Walmart. Thanks a lot guys for the quick replies.

ruger#1
09-18-2005, 09:25 PM
i6s1 check hub sports out to, zellers used to have them, walmart at the end of the fishing isle by the counter in the abby store.

i6s1
09-18-2005, 09:28 PM
Ok, I'll give Hub a call in the morning. I was actually kinda suprised that Hunters and the Langley gun store didn't have anything like this. I couldn't even find anything at the library.

Canuck2
09-19-2005, 06:57 AM
Hope you manage to snag one of them books. Maybe this will also help a little.

http://www.angelfire.com/bc/canuck2/gutting.html

ratherbefishin
09-19-2005, 09:11 AM
if you can get ahold of a video, that would be better-shows you firsthand..