PDA

View Full Version : mu boundary maps?

killman
11-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Is there any maps on line that show mu boundaries better than the regs?

Thanks

Pete
11-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Have a look at the BC Rec. Road Atlas

killman
11-06-2008, 10:13 PM
I have the back roads on disc, but the area is on two maps hard to tell where it is. I don't have the rec atlas

tooley
11-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Yes, I contacted the LEH guy this year regarding detailed maps because I had a LEH and wanted to hunt an area that crossed the boundary many times. He led me to imap bc. This website allows you to overlay the MU boundaries over the existing road maps. If you know the area you are going to hunt well, this will be Quite useful.

openkokanee
11-07-2008, 07:35 AM
This is the link I received from the co's just follow the steps. Its a great tool.
Here is the link to imap BC: http://webmaps.gov.bc.ca/imfx/imf.jsp?site=imapbc (http://webmaps.gov.bc.ca/imfx/imf.jsp?site=imapbc) (it is free!) Once you go through this once it becomes easier.
Step 1: click the white box with the black plus sign inside it (add layers)
Step 2: click on "fish, wildlife, and plant species"
Step 3: click on "limited entry hunting zones" then close the add layer box
Step 4: on the right hand side un-check the "Landsat 5 & 7 Mosaic Colour Band 543 Enhanced 1999-2004 (30m)" box (this is a big file which will slow the computer down) zoom in on the area of interest (magnifying glass tool on top left corner), do not zoom in more than 1:300,000 to start and click "refresh map"
Step 5: Un-check all the LEH boxes which don't apply, leave the LEH moose box checked
Step 5: There are the moose LEH for the province, you can zoom in on your area using the magnifying glass tool on the top left corner.
Step 6: Click on the "i" inside the circle (information button) next to the LEH moose box, it should turn dark. Then click on the same "i" symbol on the tool bar at the top of the map. Now you can click on your zone of interest and get information on the area you are hunting. At this point you can bring the scale down to as small as 1:20,000 and see the details closer.

ianwuzhere
11-07-2008, 08:07 AM
i use the backroad mapbooks-so they will be my boundaries. or if see otherwise sign postage while out..them books seem to work good so far.

BCrams
11-07-2008, 09:42 AM
i use the backroad mapbooks-so they will be my boundaries. or if see otherwise sign postage while out..them books seem to work good so far.

Some of the boundaries in those backroad mapbooks are not correct.

The MOE / CO's make reference to the BC Rec Atlas Map for MU boundaries for hunters to use.

The IMAP function is a great tool for hunting for those who spend the time to learn how it works.