PDA

View Full Version : anybody hunt 2-18

bsa30-06
09-18-2005, 07:46 PM
i have been to this area 5 times over the last 2 years and have only seen 2 doe's that were'nt much bigger than a house cat. Has anybody hunted this area with any kind of luck, if so can you point me in the right direction.I have been up most of the old roads on the east side of the lake up to the 20 km marker .
( aprox just past beaver creek camp ground).Any help you guys can provide is appreciated. Thanxs.

ruger#1
09-18-2005, 07:59 PM
bsa if your talking about east side of harrison. then go way back to silver creek i have some friends that have had luck in that area. heres a place that is a little further. go to boston bar head over to northbend, then fallow the north side of the fraser to lyton, check all the side roads on the way. if you walk towards the river very thick bush, when you get through it opens up and there is a lot of platues, lots of deer trails. seen some four pointers there but couldnt get any shots. one thing if you go in september watch out for the pot growers. and if you go in november the deer migrate to spots along the river.

bsa30-06
09-18-2005, 08:05 PM
thanxs for the info ruger#1 do you now how far back silver creek is the furthest i have been is the first road on the right just pass the bear creek campsite.

ruger#1
09-18-2005, 08:25 PM
its been many years, if you know where 20 mile bay is on the west side, it is just acrros the lake, used to be a logging camp past silver creek, and they blocked the road and we couldnt go any further, i think the camp is gone, take your shotgun i have seen lots of geese along the creeks.there is the odd steelhead in the creek to. the old airstripe had lots bear crap on it, piles of blueberry looks funny.if you can get behind the gates then youll be into animals.

i6s1
09-18-2005, 09:22 PM
Ruger#1, you must have hunted every MU in BC, you sure seem to know a lot of territory.

ruger#1
09-18-2005, 09:31 PM
hey my father has taken me alot of places and my old roofing job, had to do roofing on a lot of native reserves, you talk nice to a native or treat them equal and they tell you a lot of hunting places. when i was younger ,i used to go some where every weekend, things change , got married and have a daughter,ive shot lots of animals. there were lot of years when ive shot three bucks.

rollingrock
09-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Hi Ruger, I guess you must have hunted in your backyard a lot. Ever been to Stave, Chehalis or Harrison lately?

Steeleco
09-18-2005, 10:02 PM
I have hunted hard in the Harrison esat area, you mentioned going in land from the bear creek camp site, GOOD IDEA, there are some small but nice areas aways inland, but they are hard on the equipment, I was in there last fall only once and the road I've used for a few years was gone. Slides happen far too often and they're usually big ones. I think the best advise for Harrison in HIGH. in that you need to be as high as you can. There is a distinctly different gene pool on the tops of those hills, the blacktails are hugh, trust me. It took me 3 years to find a spot that worked for me, I took my first bear there, when I tried to get in there the next year to scout things out, another road gone. There are animals down lower but they're not as big, but just as hard to find.

ruger#1
09-18-2005, 10:05 PM
ive hunted east of stave, been there last year lots of new clear cuts, now i hunt closer when i get the time sylvester road and deroche areas, never hunted the chehalis. my very first deer i shot was up the west side of the harrison. way at the other end of harrison north i seen my first grizz.and yes i can hunt bears in my back yard if i wanted. when my father used to live on sylvester road he used to watch me shoot blacktail deer from his porch. hey hunting was more important to me then the bar,thats why i have done a lot of hunting.