PDA

View Full Version : Hunting in Cariboo region 5 WARNING

srupp
11-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Please be "advised" it is snowing HARD here in Williams Lake with acumulations mounting FAST...Please folks come PREPARED for icy slippery WINTER conditions GOOD snow tires, studded or chains,,,,and warm waterproof winter gear....

and PLEASE drive saftley..it is treatcerous out there..:eek:

steven

kwasky
11-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Snowing hard in Quesnel aswell over an inch in just over an hour.

Steeleco
11-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Mr Dean is up them parts as we speak, he wanted snow for his hunt, BLAME HIM!!! The rest of you, take it easy, down here it shovels itself!!!

jml11
11-06-2008, 12:54 PM
just started up here in PG. All the rain and mild temps in the forecast should surely wash most away I would guess. Calling for a high of 9 on saturday (Env. Can. website).

Radar imagery shows that it's stopped snowing in Williams Lake (as of noon) is this true?

LUCKY
11-06-2008, 01:09 PM
You locals are just trying to keep the rut for your selves! LOL!

Seriously though, thanks for the heads up!

LUCKY

Stone Sheep Steve
11-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Snowing like a barstard here too! Looks like I made the right call leaving the TW at home today:smile:.

Melting as fast as it lands but my house is a little higher than work.

Keep the rubber side down!

SSS

Chuck
11-06-2008, 01:53 PM
It's trying around Nelson, very trying. But this morning Everything was moving. Tracks going up, tracks going down, also this way and that. Then I may have discovered why - dog tracks, about the biggest I've ever seen. Hmm? there's no wolf around here that I know of. Love the tracking in the SNOW, cheaper than a trail cam too.

srupp
11-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Hmmm indeed it HAS now stopped snowing..however it IS wet snow so watch for trees coming down under the weight..and slippery rds and the snow in the hills WILL stay..just a "helpful heads up":tongue:

Mr. Dean did stop by our place a couple times to chat... do coffee and fill his camper with water...it was great to meet him and have a good chat...

Higher rds will have the wet snow compress , turn to ice and be extremely slippery to go or stop..

Steven

sneg
11-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Steven,
thanks for warning. one more reminder to double check the hunting gear.

Koot
11-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Snowing like hell in Rossland.Havn't got out once this week as my truck is in the shop getting some work done on it.
Oh yea,Hitting the x-country trails for a ski in an hour......finially
Koot

sneg
11-06-2008, 03:16 PM
we need more snow and little wind

huntwriter
11-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Snowed quite a bit in Merritt too this morning. It’s raining now and the snow is almost but gone. There is still quite a bit snow in the higher elevations, which is good because tomorrow my wife’s cousin and I are heading out over the weekend. The animals should be moving tomorrow after that weather front moved out.

Good snow tires and chains are required, be safe everybody and take your time not your or someone elses life.

sawmill
11-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Started here around 3 PM and still coming pretty good.Goose shit snow we called it up North for obvious reasons,slippery as hell.

coach
11-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Raining in Kelowna and Vernon, but snowing and blowing up in the hills. Pretty ugly day to take the new quad out for the first time.

BIGHUNTERFISH
11-06-2008, 07:31 PM
I would recommend anyone who is going to hunt around the Williams Lake area this week change their plans and head up to Clearwater.The conditions are much better and the rut is in full swing.Just PM Dana and ask him exact directions to his honey holes he will be more than happy to help you out. :-D

moosinaround
11-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the heads up folks! Threw the tire chains in for the trip tomorrow out to 5-13! Looking for flattops! I am going to use a 300 win mag, see if it will flop like Bartells!! Be careful out there folks, we are not used to the snow yet! Moosin

plumbob
11-06-2008, 08:04 PM
It snowed like a bugger here in Burns lake also,wet wet snow and still snowing.

sneg
11-06-2008, 08:10 PM
rain in LM:evil: but my snow chains packed and ready to go:-D

treeclimber
11-06-2008, 09:03 PM
was snowing hard on the coke this morn than turned into rain around noon ,now its a slushy slippery mess in 8-5,all weekend warriors bring chains if ya got em

goatdancer
11-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Was out all day yesterday north of Hwy 33 in 8-10 (near Kelowna). Went up to about 1700m elevation looking for a late muley. Saw wolf, cougar, moose and very few deer tracks. Then it started to snow and blow. Now got about 25cm up high. Got warmer today and a lot of it will melt and turn to ice underneath. Most of the old roads will turn into a wild west ride this weekend so be prepared if you're coming out this way. Couldn't go out today cause my eyes feel like pincushions from the fine pelting snow. The only thing moving after the weather had died down was some moose.

Nooker77
11-07-2008, 01:33 PM
It's trying around Nelson, very trying. But this morning Everything was moving. Tracks going up, tracks going down, also this way and that. Then I may have discovered why - dog tracks, about the biggest I've ever seen. Hmm? there's no wolf around here that I know of. Love the tracking in the SNOW, cheaper than a trail cam too.

I bet you have wolves...they seem to be popping up everywhere!! I was out in the fresh stuff all day yesterday 8-24 and I seen as many fresh wolf tracks as deer!! Havent found any kills but they have to be eatin something!!:twisted: