PDA

View Full Version : Blacktail Heaven??

rageous
09-18-2005, 11:45 AM
hey yall, i am pretty excited, after many years of tracking the mainland for blacktails, i have definitely found my best spot yet, not 30 min from the house, we headed out at 6am with our bows trying to find a local legal spot to hunt, area is primarily old growth with a few recent cut blocks, we found this spot at 10am, figuring its too late for deer we went for a look anyway, we were AMAZED at how much deer sign was in this area, tracks all over the place, in one cut block we spotted a doe bedded at about 125yrds just out in the open, figuring i had nothing to loose i stalked her, got to about 30 yards, she just watched me the hole time, then finally got up and another doe stood up and they just sauntered toward the timber, i couldn't believe how non-spooked they were, there has to be some good bucks with all this sign in the area, we got home at 1100, and found out that we can use a rifle there, with this spot being so close i could go after work, i'm thinking this spot is going to workout great for late season rut with so many deer in the area, and with a 2 buck limit i can't wait to go again....

Darren
09-18-2005, 07:46 PM
Good work scouting out a new area. You can bet with that many blacktails around there theres got to be a few nice bucks. Just gotta find them in the daylight is the only problem. Maybe they will be out at first or last light if the area doesn't get much hunting pressure? The rut is a good bet for sure.