PDA

View Full Version : Binos???

smoke-eater
11-05-2008, 07:34 PM
What to buy?? time to upgrade from my 7x40 B&L great glass for the price though

The Dawg
11-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Try them all out and find what works best for your eyes...I personally love my Zeiss, but you might not....so try them all at a good shop.

moosinaround
11-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Get the most expensive ones!! More $$$ equals better performance! It is that way with all hunting and fishing gear!!

smoke-eater
11-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Get the most expensive ones!! More $$$ equals better performance! It is that way with all hunting and fishing gear!!

all 3 of these binos are the same price (within 2oo$) @ cabelas.... I have looked at all 3 but cant see much of a diference in the store. just wanted to see what you thought??? :smile:

The Dawg
11-05-2008, 07:54 PM

lmao...how did I know you'd say something like this..lol

smoke-eater
11-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Well im starting to see a clear winner, can any one add a comment why the to pick the Swarovski EL over the other two??? thanks

bigwhiteys
11-06-2008, 12:01 PM
I was given a set of used swaro's 8x30 EL's from the early 90's. The glasses were easily 12+ years old when I noticed that they were starting to fog up in wet weather... Called Swaro Canada, spoke with them and sent the glasses in. I had them back I think 8 weeks later and they were like brand new. They even took the time to replace the little eagle and swarovski emblems that had long since gone missing... Which was a little detail I wouldn't have even cared about. They stand behind their products...

My Zeiss spotter is out for warranty repair right now, so we'll see how Zeiss compares in service.

Zero experience with Leica.

Carl

BlacktailStalker
11-06-2008, 04:35 PM
10x42 ELs.

Orangethunder
11-17-2008, 10:16 PM
My wife bought me some 10x42 EL's this spring and they are awesome. I have used the old Zeiss classic 10x42's and they were pretty good but the EL's are just like HD tv. Every time I use them they impress me. I have heard some good things about the new Leica's too but I wasn't about to complain about EL's for Fathers Day...

Duk Dog
11-21-2008, 06:55 AM
I've got a pair of Leica Trinovid 8x42 and have been very happy with them. They are maybe a titch heavy and as a result if I had a mulligan I'd look at coming up with the extra money for the Ultravids. Once you've checked them all out at a sporting store to compare them I'd seriously consider looking at buying them from CameralandNY - although you may want to see if the CDN dollar will rebound a bit.

http://cameralandny1.reachlocal.net/

kennyj
11-21-2008, 07:04 AM
I did my homework about 15 years ago and bought Leicas. They've been awesome!

Fallkniven
11-21-2008, 07:28 AM
Make sure you try them, before you buy. I brought some Pentax binos (cost me $350) just by picking them from an internet store. I figured the price was better. But when i got them I was really disappiointed with them. Next time I'm going to the store and trying them before shelling out the cash.
The best pair I've got is a 1912 pair of ziess (My grandfather got them off a german soldier in the 1St WW) and they are still as clear as crystal and almost a 100yrs old!(I'm not so keen to be running round the hills with them in the snow and ice etc though, so I put up with my Pentax's.