PDA

View Full Version : White Tail Around Tappen 3-26

Shermdog
11-05-2008, 01:16 AM
Hello, I might be at my brothers house this long weekend in Tappen (near blind bay) and I heard there was good white tail around that area. I was wondering, is the rut going on now for mule deer only, or both mulies and whities? I already got my mule deer in region 3 and wont have time to travel out of region 3 this year I dont think. I would like to get a white tail in region 3, preferably around tappen MU-3-26. Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Shermdog
11-05-2008, 03:53 PM
No one has any info or tips or anything on mu3-26 whities??

Wildfoot
11-05-2008, 04:23 PM
check your pm's

KevinB
11-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Keep an eye out for fresh scrapes, they will be a lot easier to see now with a bit of fresh snow on the ground. That can tell you for sure that there are WT's in the area (some say mulies scrape too, but I don't think nearly as prolifically as WT's).

good luck!

sealevel
11-07-2008, 05:18 PM
There`s real good whites on private land around tappen . but if you can find a land owner who will let you hunt . your doing better then me. so i can really help you

Buckmeister
11-07-2008, 07:18 PM
I've hunted the Skimikin Lake area (between Tappen and Turtle Valley) and only found Mulies up there. You might consider looking for Crown land in the White Lake area to hunt for Whiteys, that's only a few minutes away from Tappen. Also, I went up Bastion Mt. (just past Sunnybrae) to the lookout tower this summer and saw a Whitetail doe and fawn only a few hundred yards up from the paved road. Lots of big fir trees on that road and some cut blocks higher up, however those cuts might be higher than the deers range. To get to Bastion, turn off Hwy 1 onto Sunnybrae Rd. just near the Co-op gas station, and drive down about 5 min, and when your just passing under the huge rock face look for an F.S.R. going off to your left. I think you might have a better chance in the White Lk area however.

Wildfoot
11-07-2008, 10:31 PM
shermdog and I spent the day up charcoal creek fsr. Lots of sign, nothing moving... good day though. Have a few leads on private land too :wink: