PDA

View Full Version : Trip down the Fraser River

Wild_Dog
11-05-2008, 12:06 AM
Back from a trip down the Fraser with my two brothers and uncle. The goal was to finally get my brother a buck.

I knew the big boys wouldn't be in yet but we hoped to at least find a few resident's or a couple of little guys anyways.

Saw a ton of does and lots of sheep.

Had a great trip; climbed lots everyday and saw some great scenery. Great bonding time with my brothers as they live on the coast.

1 brother did get a little buck....we were both pumped for his first. He put a great stalk on it and made a perfect shot. Not a monster by any means but I'm glad he got his first on such a wicked and hard hunt.

Thinking I might make a trip back down the river late november (ice and weather permitting) and see if I can't find myself a monster. The area sure looked promising.

First time in a wall tent with a stove and its going to be really hard to go back to my little tent...haha

made a slide-show / video. It's a little long but here you go.....I left some pictures out of the bigger (and legal) rams I saw....(in 5-02 :-P ) Might be a little comeback going on there...

Thanks to all who gave advice on where to go...glad my uncle came through at the end....

heres the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t-blWsTuYU

mainland hunter
11-05-2008, 12:19 AM
nice video, I liked the choice in tunes

srupp
11-05-2008, 01:38 AM
Sweet...lol recognize most of the areas from the past 30 plus years poking around there..the sturgon hole photo was very nice...looks like a wonderful trip..hard core..

cheers

Steven

bigmike
11-05-2008, 02:12 AM
awesome video!!!great looking muley country

hunter1947
11-05-2008, 06:49 AM
WD looks like you had a very nice trip ,the buck that Dave got is a good one for the freezer ,congrats to Dave on getting his first deer.

Thanks for posting up your link on Ytube ,was nice to see the movie as for the pic.

Bushman
11-05-2008, 07:24 AM
Great video, beautiful country, some fine animals and good tunes.
That sure looks like the kind of trip you and your brothers will remember for the rest of your lives.

oddsix
11-05-2008, 07:24 AM
sweet video.

whats the name of that second song?

horse280
11-05-2008, 08:22 AM
Skid row to john denver to lynrd skynrd!awesome soundtrack to a great trip!heres to more of those from ya'all thanks!

11-05-2008, 08:42 AM
Did you guys leave from pitt meadows? on a thurssday or friday?

jeeper
11-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Good for you Dave on your first Buck !

Great vid , I sure love that country !

Bruce

Mr. Maverick
11-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Great Video, looks like a great trip. Congrats on the Buck

mark
11-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Awesome video and pics, i was there just 2 weeks ago hunting sheep for a few days! I also recognize most of that landscape, and I love that place. I never shoot anything out there but the abundance of wildlife and awesome country keeps me going back every year!! just curious???? where did you guys launch and how far down did ya go???? Oh ya, and where was the legal ram you saw???????? :wink:

300ultra
11-05-2008, 08:53 PM
tried to watch video it said no longer available. I guess its not working for computer at the moment.

Wild_Dog
11-05-2008, 09:17 PM
thanks for the comments....it really was a spectacular trip....mark, check your pm.

as for the rams...they were in UTM zone 10:tongue:

I actually saw more sheep then deer on this trip. Funny how the ewes skyline themselves so readily.....

Also!! I forgot this part....is it normal for a ram to mount another ram...what the hell!

rock
11-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Awesome video great tunes very nice country. I would be back in november for sure

Scottish Warrior
11-06-2008, 12:00 AM
I really enjoyed the video..........nice little buck.

David Heitsman
11-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Wild Dog:

Yes rams engage in homosexual behaviour, just like cows in the field.

I also have watched Stone's rams kicking each other in the scrotum using their front legs. Not quite sure what thats all about but it gets the others attention in a hurry!