PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is going on?

Timbow
11-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Just when you seen it all, something else happens.

Took the kids out to look and check out the deer situation last night. Counted 42 deer, six of whom were bucks. Not one buck with the does! One group of 4 bucks (small 4x4, decent 3x3, and 2 2x2's) on one side of the road and on the other side were 8 does/fawns. The two groups were about 200 yards away. In another field were 2 bucks (decent 4x4 and small 3x3) and another group of 10 does/fawns about 300 yards away.

All the other deer were in groups of 2 and 3's.:confused: I guess the deer are on another time table.

Has anyone notice anything similar?

notyalc
11-04-2008, 04:43 PM
may i ask where these deer were?????? :D :D

BCrams
11-04-2008, 04:55 PM
My thoughts if I saw that scenario --

There is a 'monster' buck around and those little bucks won't have anything to do with those does unless they want to deal with the dominant buck.

Nooker77
11-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Things are behind this year for sure! I've been watching our fields with 20+ deer every night...not even a spiker coming through yet!! Wife dropped a 4pt mule on Sat and he was a little thick around the neck but not stinky yet at all...Kinda weird....even if those small buck where "scared" of big daddy they'd stil be sneakin in for a smell and peak...or a poke...lol:razz:

Dannybuoy
11-04-2008, 05:10 PM

There is a 'monster' buck around and those little bucks won't have anything to do with those does unless they want to deal with the dominant buck.
x2 the bucks hang around in little bachelor groups

mark
11-04-2008, 09:48 PM
Ive been talking to a few deer fanatic buddies tonight and none of us have seen any rut activity yet. :icon_frow

oddsix
11-04-2008, 10:15 PM
atleast your seeing bucks:)

gone hunting
11-04-2008, 11:51 PM
OK. Remember back to when you were in junior high, and the girls were on one side of the dance floor, and the guys were on the other.... and then in high school, the guys that did all the breeding were hanging out with the girls that got bread. OK well it's stil junior high and high school doesn't start for another week or 2.

Ltbullken
11-05-2008, 12:17 AM

Yep. And, that is rutting behaviour. I think in another few days they will be stupid over the does. Standing around they way they are now is somewhat ruttingly stupid! :-?

hunter1947
11-05-2008, 07:05 AM
I saw this morning two bucks ,one was a 4x4 very nice deer the other was a 2x2 ,they where not with any does.
I saw 5 does and not one buck with them ,I guess the does have not come into estrus yet ,maybe in another week.

The bucks are ready but the does aren't.

Jed
11-05-2008, 07:47 AM
I have been hunting a couple of areas in region 8 and have seen alot of smaller bucks - spikes, 2 points and 3 points no big boys yet though. However I have been seeing rubs that have started approx 4 weeks ago and have seen more and more each week. Some good sized rubs to. These areas I have been in have made me think that the Rut is starting earlier than it was last year.

tmarschall
11-05-2008, 11:43 AM
The hocks on that buck I shot 1 Nov were clean also. But I have heard of a few does being chased. Mid Nov is when it usually peaks around here.