PDA

View Full Version : hunting in MU 2-3?

notyalc
11-04-2008, 04:35 PM
I might be heading out to the jones lake area this weekend and i was just wondering what the hunting is like up there? Which spots should i say away from...which spots should i check out? Ive never hunted up there so i figured i might give it a shot.

303Fan
11-04-2008, 06:22 PM
I was all over there on saturday seen nothing not even a decent track to keep me interested wait till the snow falls in there.

ZENYO
11-27-2008, 09:19 AM
I don't know what it's like up there anymore, it's been at least 4 years since I've been there but... I grew up fishing and camping in jones lake. My dad, brother and I would go there to fish and camp at least 3 times a year (We did this every year for quite a few years, It used to be great fishing up there). My dad would always bring his guns but... In all that time spent up there I've seen 3 Bears, lot's of rabbits and nothing else. I was thinking of going there this weekend, more of a nostalgic trip than anything. How did you make out?

weatherby_man
11-27-2008, 09:24 AM
This spring there were a lot of bear up there. Me and a buddy tried tracking down a large blackie there but failed. Not sure about deer up there.

Steeleco
11-27-2008, 10:19 AM
I tracked a set of bear prints in there last fall. Near 6" across the front pads.
Never did get back in there. But like most of reg 2 it's thick and tough to hunt in spots.

Anyone ever taken a boat to the top of the lake? Looks like good walking country?

ZENYO
11-27-2008, 11:33 AM
I took my boat up to the top of the lake my last trip out. Never got out, I was there for fishing but it looked realy thick around the lake anyways.