PDA

View Full Version : meopta binos

Rob
11-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Need a new pair of binos, as mine are not cutting it any more, eye strain= headaches. Wondering if anyone has any input on Meopta glass. They are around a grand, I'd like to get the Swarovskis,but id also like to buy a new spotting scope as well, and I figure i can buy both for about the cost of the EL's. Thanks Rob

mudbud
11-04-2008, 12:26 PM
I have not handled them personally, but I have heard good things about them. Cabelas Euro bino's are made by Meopta. Of course you could always buy my Zeiss 10x40 Victory's........... (I am trying to save for the Swaro's myself)

Rob
11-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the offer:). Not sure what I want at this time. I should hold out for the swarovskis as well, but man thats alot of coin. It would be nice to be able to take a few pairs out for a couple days to demo.

kootenayelkslayer
11-04-2008, 12:49 PM
My dad bought some Meopta bino's. There pretty nice, I think they would be a good buy.

BiG Boar
11-04-2008, 01:02 PM
How good is too good for binos? I mean if someone came out with ones for $4000. How much better are the great ones compared to ones that are just good? I have a hard time believing there is a big dif between 1 and 2 thousand dollar glass. Now if they put a warrenty behind it and tell me I WILL see more record book animals, I would get them. However I went with an ebay special on pinnacles from leuopold. Seem to work for me so far. I mean they make good scopes right?

mudbud
11-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Leupold makes ok scopes.

I have ~$1200 Zeiss Victory's, when I first got them they blew me away compared to my bushnells. Now I got the Swaro EL's for the wife and they absolutely blow away the Zeiss. Does this make the Zeiss bad glass - of course not.

PS I really am thinking of selling the Zeiss binos, if anyone wants a smoking deal on some good glass PM me, we can talk!

Gnarly
11-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Ive got a pair of meostar b1's in 8x56
I like them alot but they are big, usually I use my nikon monarch 8x42's for beating around the bush but they dont compare to the meopta's at dusk and dawn and thats when I use them mostly.