PDA

View Full Version : Be Carefull in the bush!!!!

roblikestohunt
11-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Hers a story that caught my eye this morning, Thought i would post it for all members to check out, Prayers go out to both families, long time hunting buds no doubt!! Safe hunting all...

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=aa6bc53e-8975-47f9-98a2-f9364f969fe6

BigBanger
11-04-2008, 12:19 PM
" Later, the partner took a shot into the treed area and struck the victim, who was killed. "

Took a shot into the bush ? Sounds kinda stupid , he must feel like shit .

newhunterette
11-04-2008, 12:24 PM
very sad day indeed in the hunting community to hear stories like this one

makes on realize how important it is to have some form of contact with your partner in that case of seperation and locating one another to be safe

my heartfelt sympathies for both families for the loss in this tragedy

Shermdog
11-04-2008, 12:25 PM
that is pretty unfortunate and sad....thats why they beat it into our heads in the CORE course to always know where your bullet is going to end up before you shoot. I feel for the families.

MichelD
11-04-2008, 12:26 PM
I don't know what the stats are, but hasn't it been a long long time since there was a hunting fatality in B.C.?

Let's keep it that way.

Gr8 white hunter
11-04-2008, 01:01 PM
what a shame, shooting at sound thats what scares me about walking around in the bush,some nut job here you moving througt the bush and shoots .

whitespringer
11-04-2008, 01:01 PM
That kind of news makes me want to throw up. A good reminder for all of us.

tinhorse
11-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Know what you are shooting at, isn't that hunting basics?? Did he actually see a deer or just hear a noise and figure it was a deer and decide to shoot in the general direction. If I am separated from my partner I will never shoot unless I am 100% absolutly sure I know what is behind the shot I am taking. It's a shame that somthing like that happened. Sad

hunter1947
11-05-2008, 08:02 AM
Hers a story that caught my eye this morning, Thought i would post it for all members to check out, Prayers go out to both families, long time hunting buds no doubt!! Safe hunting all...

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=aa6bc53e-8975-47f9-98a2-f9364f969fe6

This story puts chills up my back :frown:.

I was involved in a hunting accident that when the same way back 44 years ago.

I was not the one that shot my buddy the other person with me shot my buddy.

Always be carefull when handling a fire arm out there and be sure of your shot.

budismyhorse
11-06-2008, 09:34 AM
"pushing bush" is extremely dangerous, can't imagine what that man is going through right now.

hunt SAFE fellas!

weatherby_man
11-06-2008, 09:42 AM
Major tragedy, I cannot fathom why someone would shoot at an unidentified target. However, maybe eyesight was a factor, regardless it was tragic, and like already said the guy who pulled the trigger must live with this and the family of the victim must live with it, for the rest of their lives. Prayers for all involved.

Be safe and identify your targets everyone!

sealevel
11-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Here we go again jumping to conclusons over a news paper artical. know where did it say the target was not identifide. Maybe the pusher was not where he said he would be.

Wolfman
11-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Better to not take the shot than to be unsure of EXACTLY what you are shooting at.

Wolfman

Drachen Jager
11-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Here we go again jumping to conclusons over a news paper artical. know where did it say the target was not identifide. Maybe the pusher was not where he said he would be.

Well if the target was identified then it's murder isn't it? I mean he either knew he was shooting at his friend or he didn't. I think giving him the benefit of the doubt is saying that he was just stupid rather than criminal.

sealevel
11-06-2008, 10:57 AM
No place in that newspaper article did it say he didn`t shoot at a known target. He could have missed the biggest deer he had ever seen .

In flat bush country are you ever sure there is nobody behind your target.