PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected surprise....

One Shot
11-04-2008, 03:10 AM
Our oldest just returned to FT. Drum, NY today after 18 mos in Iraq. We are very happy he is back safely except for a scar or two. He wants to go hunting in OR. or BC. and do some fishing when he gets some leave. So I am looking very forward to that as it has been a few years since we have been able to hunt together.:smile: Hope to gets lots of time in with him as he is scheduled to return to Iraq in 2009 sometime.

lilhoss
11-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Please thank him on behalf of myself and my family for the time spent away,and his efforts.It seems most kids can't get thier asses off the couch,and yet some sign up for a job that is impossible to compare to."someone once asked a soldier, do you think you are a hero,he responded no,but I stand alongside a bunch of guys that are." Thanks again.

hannibal
11-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Good job! Take the young man hunting somewhere the game doesn't shoot back for a while. Thank him for doing his bit on behalf of the rest of us lucky enough to live in safe countries.

Wolfman
11-04-2008, 09:23 AM
That young hero deserves a full out hunting holiday!

Good stuff having your son back, and please pass on our regards and thanks for his honorable efforts overseas.

Wolfman

Cowboy_08
11-04-2008, 11:12 AM
On behalf of all of all of us and my family, thank hime for his efforts and make sure you make the best of his leave, God speed

Cowboy

Upearly
11-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Appreciation of what these young people endure over seas is lost on those not directly involved. I hope he is still the same person who went over there. My own son-in-law spent 18 months in Iraq and has been back for 1 year now. When he left to go he was a keen and avid deer and elk hunter who loved the outdoors any time he could go. Now he is haunted by what he saw and experienced. He now breaks into a cold sweat when he sees a rifle. He feels he will never be able to hunt again and does not want to even look at a gun. When we went camping last summer on Van Isle, he sat up almost all night long and did frequent "perimeter checks" to ensure we were safe (?). Even after a year of councilling he is still not the same person.

newhunterette
11-04-2008, 01:05 PM
brought many tears to my eyes

what a nice surprise for your family to have him home and safe

bless him for the time he is giving to keeping our country free

best wishes with your time back together

gone hunting
11-04-2008, 01:06 PM
You must be very proud. My son / hunting partner is 18 and recently joined the Canadian Scottish Regiment. I spend a lot of time worrying about the day he goes to a place where others want to do him harm. I hope you and your son have many more hunting seasons together.

Creeker
11-05-2008, 12:26 AM
Thank you One shot's son.
As only one from northern BC I still appriciate your sacrifice, for all of us.

Ltbullken
11-05-2008, 06:53 AM
Go huntin', take joy in nature and celebrate life. Thanks to your son for his courage and sacrifices and thankfully he is back safe. Hoowah!

hunter1947
11-05-2008, 06:59 AM
One shot Its very nice that you will be able to spend some time with you son.

I want to thank your son for being over there and doing what has to be done.
Its people like your son that makes all Canadians proud on standing up for Canada ,Thank you much from all us Canadians http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.