PDA

View Full Version : Nice buck, have any pictures?

husky30-06
11-03-2008, 07:18 PM
I was driving in Kamloops around 4:30pm today near the Halston-yellowhead hwy. intersection and saw a nice looking buck on the top of a blue toyota 4runner. Who are you and do you have any pictures? It looked pretty big.

whitetailsheds
11-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Is this the vehicle and buck?

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc97/whitetailsheds/?action=view&current=KamloopsBuck.jpg

fourbyfour
11-03-2008, 08:45 PM
you forgot the drop point? nice picture

Jelvis
11-03-2008, 08:56 PM
whitetailsheds
You got talent brah---and a great sense of ha ha
Keep it up duder
Jel-rock

husky30-06
11-03-2008, 10:17 PM

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc97/whitetailsheds/?action=view&current=KamloopsBuck.jpg
A little lighter color.....LOL

newhunterette
11-03-2008, 10:22 PM
OH that made me get a giggle heheheheh

great picture

Glenny
11-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Yah. That was high on the giggle meter for sure. G

bsa30-06
11-03-2008, 10:38 PM
That wasnt funny at all......i wanted to see a buck!!!!!!!

Creeker
11-03-2008, 10:41 PM
LOL, Way to much time GJ, get out scouting for whitetails:-Pwe have 27 more days.

husky30-06
11-03-2008, 10:42 PM
I have to admit that the deer I saw this afternoon was a two point. Poacher or legitamate hunt, four point only for November

11-03-2008, 10:58 PM

that had to of ben it, how many other cars like that were on the road

huntcoop
11-04-2008, 11:10 AM
I have to admit that the deer I saw this afternoon was a two point. Poacher or legitamate hunt, four point only for November

Very tricky.

Steeleco
11-04-2008, 11:13 AM

Maybe they were on thier way home from Reg 2, or shot it Friday?? Assumptions are bad!! :evil:

goatdancer
11-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Maybe it was a whitetail.

f350ps
11-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Or Reg.5 maybe. Oops the secrets out. K

Dannybuoy
11-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Any Whitetail Buck till Dec 10 in reg 3

husky30-06
11-05-2008, 08:58 PM
I do know what a whitetail looks like, anyways I read a thread the other day in which everyone was ticked about poachers and here I bring up something (being as it was a few days into 4point only for mules). most of the posts are less then serious, a little disappointed!!!!!!! all seriousness, what if it was poached?

dana
11-05-2008, 09:15 PM
Ever think the hunter could have been coming down the Yellowhead from Region 7??? Or perhaps they came down Highway 24 out of Region 5? Look in your Regs bud. Not hard to come to a legal assumption instead of jumping on the poaching bandwagon that this site is notorious for.

NaStY
11-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Ever think the hunter could have been coming down the Yellowhead from Region 7??? Or perhaps they came down Highway 24 out of Region 5? Look in your Regs bud. Not hard to come to a legal assumption instead of jumping on the poaching bandwagon that this site is notorious for.

Holy crap now im agreeing with Dana. Man whats this world coming to anyways. First poached bucks and now this.......:biggrin:

Shooter
11-05-2008, 09:25 PM
I doubt a poached deer is going to be displayed on top of a 4-runner.

husky30-06
11-05-2008, 10:06 PM
if you were there you would understand that the direction of travel did not indicate any other area of origin then the batchelar, red lake, or jamieson lake area. I would have considered that if the vehicle was travelling off the highway from any other direction, I could have presumed it from another area. Would you not agree that to check, and findout that it was a nice deer taken (no problem) or maybe an individual who may have taken it illegally? I have heard over the years of individuals diplaying their illegal kills out in the open, presuming that not many would not know any different.

dana
11-05-2008, 10:50 PM
So a guy coming out of Region 5 on his way home can't come down 24 onto the Yellowhead and then turn at the first lights he hits to fill up his tank? If he turns off, he is a poacher??? Did you do the right ethical HBC thing and take his plate number and call the CO's???? I'm sure the CO's will appreciate the help from the HBC vice squad. You know the dirrection of travel is definately a give away. Damn them poachers for filling up at the first gas station they see. *****!!!

Dirty
11-05-2008, 11:02 PM
So a guy coming out of Region 5 on his way home can't come down 24 onto the Yellowhead and then turn at the first lights he hits to fill up his tank? If he turns off, he is a poacher??? Did you do the right ethical HBC thing and take his plate number and call the CO's???? I'm sure the CO's will appreciate the help from the HBC vice squad. You know the dirrection of travel is definately a give away. Damn them poachers for filling up at the first gas station they see. *****!!!

I agree. HBC = where cub scout, murder she wrote, and soap operas collide in an incestuous relationship.

Gateholio
11-05-2008, 11:09 PM
If you suspect poaching, call the CO's...

ANy speculation her eis just speculation, and won't do any good.:smile:

Jagermeister
11-05-2008, 11:13 PM
So a guy coming out of Region 5 on his way home can't come down 24 onto the Yellowhead and then turn at the first lights he hits to fill up his tank? If he turns off, he is a poacher??? Did you do the right ethical HBC thing and take his plate number and call the CO's???? I'm sure the CO's will appreciate the help from the HBC vice squad. You know the dirrection of travel is definately a give away. Damn them poachers for filling up at the first gas station they see. *****!!!Husky 30-06, you fubared. A CO, had he seen it would have used the same ASSumption that Dana used and would not have bothered stopping him. And Dana, had that poacher came off Hwy 24, then the first gas station that he would have seen would have been the one at the Subway in Little Fort, don't you think?

todbartell
11-05-2008, 11:58 PM
subway in little fort makes good sammiches

huntcoop
11-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Maybe the driver was an Indian. Or perhaps it was shot 4 or 5 days earlier and has been hanging in the bush at camp.

Jelvis
11-06-2008, 11:35 AM
huntcoop -- is the winner! Bang on! Gotchya! Over!
Done like dinner! A real detecting mind--thinker.
You win but no cigarrrrrr. Jel-nes you blew everyone away!

Wildfoot
11-06-2008, 11:36 AM
could have come down westsyde rd returning home from reg 7 or 5. Should have got a lisence plate and called it in if you thought it was suspicious.

jml11
11-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Husky 30-06, you fubared. A CO, had he seen it would have used the same ASSumption that Dana used and would not have bothered stopping him. And Dana, had that poacher came off Hwy 24, then the first gas station that he would have seen would have been the one at the Subway in Little Fort, don't you think?

Usually CO's stop anyone they come accross who is hunting or is coming back from hunting. Having a dead deer on your truck, legally harvested or not is certainly a good enough reason for any CO to at least check it out. If a CO saw this vehicle and did not stop them then he/she is not doing their job, especially if it was two-point being transported through a 4-point only area. If the kill is legal, the CO will congratulate you on your havest and be on their way.

Gateholio
11-06-2008, 01:18 PM
subway in little fort makes good sammiches

I always run into baby eaters there....:tongue:

husky30-06
11-07-2008, 12:14 AM
Usually CO's stop anyone they come accross who is hunting or is coming back from hunting. Having a dead deer on your truck, legally harvested or not is certainly a good enough reason for any CO to at least check it out. If a CO saw this vehicle and did not stop them then he/she is not doing their job, especially if it was two-point being transported through a 4-point only area. If the kill is legal, the CO will congratulate you on your havest and be on their way.

thanks for the support, I did call the CO's just in case. A plate number could not be obtained, though if I was able to I would have. First nations?, yes very posible but better to check then not. A friend and myself came accross a vehicle with a moose in the back of a truck years ago. when we called the CO'S with the plate number, he knew who it was and yes he was first nations and was taking game for a non first nations friend. the Co was very thankfull.

sawmill
11-07-2008, 06:56 AM
[quote=Gatehouse;353694]If you suspect poaching, call the CO's...

ANy speculation her eis just speculation, and won't do any good.:smile:

DAMN THEM BIG FINGERS!:biggrin: I puzzeled it out though and I agree.

Fisher-Dude
11-07-2008, 07:03 AM
thanks for the support, I did call the CO's just in case. A plate number could not be obtained, though if I was able to I would have. First nations?, yes very posible but better to check then not. A friend and myself came accross a vehicle with a moose in the back of a truck years ago. when we called the CO'S with the plate number, he knew who it was and yes he was first nations and was taking game for a non first nations friend. the Co was very thankfull.

Perfect opportunity to derail this thread! :lol:

budismyhorse
11-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Perfect opportunity to derail this thread! :lol:

amen to that, this HBC witchhunting has got to stop.

mark4
11-07-2008, 08:46 PM
I honestly think jealousy fuels many calls to the CO office - lol. The stage is set when one hunter sees another with a nice trophy - next thing you know the jealous witchunt begins -ever so cleverly masquerading as ethics and preservation.I bet many times there is a list of supposed offences that the caller is "suspecting" . Most hunters find it encouraging to see someone else with a trophy- others scream for justice of some kind. Sounds funny but it's true.

husky30-06
11-07-2008, 11:50 PM
I do understand, but in my case, there was no jealousy. any time anyone is sucsessful, good on them, I generally wait on the big ones. some years not a thing and others a nice 4X4.

Caveman
11-08-2008, 12:02 AM
I doubt a poached deer is going to be displayed on top of a 4-runner.

What better place than right in plain sight!!! No one would be that brash :shock:

husky30-06
11-08-2008, 12:06 AM
HAHAHA who would really know though, they could think just that. Possible?????