PDA

View Full Version : Any Local Places to hunt?

NoLimit99
11-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Hi all I'm new to this forum.

Here's my question.

This is my first year hunting I live in abbotsford looking to go for my first mule deer but dont want to go really really far as I have already been to princeton and got skunked. Is there any thing close to abbotsford or in the surrounding area like no further than 2 hours away that is productive. "I'm not looking for your sugar hole just some action." any suggestions? any help would be nice or is there any one who wouldn't mind a parter on a hunt as I always have sun,mon,tuesdays off would love to go out.

Steeleco
11-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Welcome, just because you didn't get anything last time out, dosen't mean they won't be there next time.

From Abby within 2 hours, there's so much country to hunt, you'd spend a lifetime learning it. Best advice, get a map, pick a spot, go. Learning an area is half the fun.

bruin
11-03-2008, 09:57 PM
He pretty much said it. Teach a man to fish and he'll......blah blah blah. You know the rest, gather some info it's more rewarding if you work for it.

hopsing
11-03-2008, 10:00 PM
It is less than 2 hours but try Boston Bar, North Bend, Squeah or Skagit

good luck

hannibal
11-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Other good areas are whipsaw, Princeton, Passayton valley,etc.

303Fan
11-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Another thought use google earth to find roads into areas around Chilliwack lake some decent deer in there but can be tough hunting.

fourbyfour
11-04-2008, 08:12 PM
as a new hunter myself (4 years) the best teacher is mother earth and with some help from others. go out and take it all in.

good luck!

NoLimit99
11-04-2008, 09:43 PM
I've done alot of hunting and scouting in the deroche area with out any luck. Not even any signs out there :twisted: so I was thinking it's time to move on to another scouting area. Thanks for all the info and areas to try out. I will try some of the suggested areas and I will post if I have any luck heck might even see some of you out there. Happy hunting :-D Keep the suggestions going though especially if you know of a spot that has some deer in it I dont mind working hard for my potential harvest.