PDA

View Full Version : Heading North

Fred
09-17-2005, 12:15 AM
Ex-BC-Guide and myself are heading north for the Chetwynd/Dawson Creek area. The plan is to drive up to PG, overnight there and then go the rest of the way rested! :mrgreen: We will be driving Mikes White 95Chev extended cab4x4 and towing a trailer with the quad in it and a Trail bike on the tongue. You can't miss us,we have a "Huntingbc" decal on the tailgate of the trailer!8) Fred

ruger#1
09-17-2005, 04:26 AM
hey fred dont park in front of dennys resteraunt in pg or youll never get any sleep, good luck on hunting.

Ronforca
09-17-2005, 06:09 AM
Good luck Fred.Save a bit of time for Oct.
Ron

Fred
09-17-2005, 08:00 AM
I am not sure where we will be staying in PG Ruger and to Ron, no sweat. These 2 friends on mine are Sooo excited about coming up there you would not believe it! :biggrin: See you all in 2 weeks or so! Fred

Marc
09-17-2005, 08:42 AM
Have a good trip Fred & EBG, make sure you take lots of pictures.

Marc.

Barracuda
09-17-2005, 08:44 AM
good luck and have a good trip .

Gateholio
09-17-2005, 12:35 PM
You'll be in Chetwynd in time for breakfast if you sleep in PG and get up early! :)

ape
09-17-2005, 12:40 PM
Fred if you need to over night you can do it in front of my house if you like. May be safer for your toys than at a motel.

scoot
09-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Same here. If you guys need a place to park, I am just off Old Caribou Highway by the Airport. You wouldn't even have to drive through town much if you headed my way. Best of luck guys! When are you headed up. I am planning on heading up towards Chetwynd on Sunday the 25th for 4 days. I still don't know where to go, I have never been there before.

Steeleco
09-22-2005, 08:01 AM
Welcome Scoot, I love you sig line. Workin on it!!!!

partsman
09-22-2005, 09:38 AM
Good luck, have a safe trip.
We used to drive straight through to Fort St. John then collect our buddy and head out and up the Alaska hwy.
And the odd time we just drove straight up to pink mountain or what have you.
Of course, yours is probably the safest way.

scoot
09-22-2005, 04:46 PM
Thanks Steeleco, I also use huntshoot and then heard about here in the spring so I signed up. Hey Fred. I am headed up towards Chetwynd on monday, I have never been there before, going for Elk this year. I am not asking for any "hot spots" but would you be able to point me in the right direction for Elk hunting? I have only been in PG for a year and a bit now and have never been past Bear Lake. Greatly appreciated.

Fred
09-27-2005, 09:26 AM
Well, Ex and I are back. Not one legal animal to be seen of the Moose or Elk persuation. Mike saw a lot of Moose this year(man can he spot them!) but nothing legal.
Heck, we even bumped into a Mauser98 up there(the hat was the key, Marc:mrgreen: ) and he and his friends have had moderate success. I will let him tell of it though.
We did bring back 2 young Buff again this year and have dropped the meat off at Beltrame's for processing. I am more convinced than ever that I was not treated fairly by Saunders.
We also saw a lot of "ditch chickens", had a feed of them up there and brought several home for the families.
If anyone would like to go up to the Dawson area to harvest a Bison themselves,I will give out the name and contact info if it is all right with Marc. These are the "Plains Variety" and the current bunch has some in the 2400 pound range! Bill is pretty darned reasonable in price and most helpful in the harvest! Fred