PDA

View Full Version : Last Trip of the Year...could be skunked all year long.

blackford
11-02-2008, 12:36 PM
So after the following trips...

1 week in the EK....
2 trips of 3 days in Princeton
1 trip to Pemberton ( couple of days)

I have had no luck at all. Not a single Buck...

Well I am thinking of doing the long weekend thing comming up this weekend but I only have Saturday and Sunday to Hunt. I was origionally thinking of going to either Princeton or Pemberton but if i get skunked... there will be no Deer in the Freezer....

So let me make it clear to you... I dont want anyones GPS coordinates but its the bottome of the 9th 2 outs and a full count..

If I Strike out...It will be a deerless year. I am not looking to go to far but wondering if anyone can help me in putting me in a general area.. I am looking to go maybe 4 hours max away...

Thanks

NaStY
11-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Join the club. At least you are getting out......

11-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Join the club. At least you are getting out......

Hey I'm in that club too. So is my brother, and he has nearly worn out a set of boots in the last two weeks!

Misery loves company.:razz:

blackford
11-02-2008, 12:48 PM
What the hell happened this year then....

I thought it was only me...

blackford
11-02-2008, 01:58 PM
hmmm.. well can anyone help me outwith the following places. i am willing to PM...

meager creek
coquihalla toll booth
pemberton
princeton

wetcoaster
11-02-2008, 01:58 PM
That is why it is called hunting and not harvesting!:biggrin:

I have been lucky the last four years but before then had a lengthy dry spell. Like someone said at least your getting out.

Hang in there the season isn't over until it's over.

bsa30-06
11-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Nothing wrong with getting skunked, hell i have perfected it.You got out did your best, put the effort in.....sometimes the animals win.Theres always next season.

hunter1947
11-03-2008, 06:31 AM
Give me call and I can help out on where there are some good spots in the ******** area.

I don't hunt for mule deer much anymore so I can maybe help you out on this one ,we have taken some nice wall hangers out of this area ,a few that have made the BC record book http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif.

blackford
11-03-2008, 09:22 AM
pm sent, thanks wayne

11-03-2008, 09:37 AM
I feel your pain man, pm sent.

jonz
11-03-2008, 09:39 AM
4 trips most of them very short is not really a lot of hunting. Don't be surprised that you haven't got a buck yet, it can take a lot more than that. Of course there is a lot of luck involved too. The more time spent right in the bush in an area with good sign the better your chances are.

weatherby_man
11-03-2008, 09:41 AM
I'm zero for my deer so far this year as well.

Good luck to you,,, remember keep positive.

11-03-2008, 09:57 AM
As of this morning my brother is no longer in the club!

jessonml
11-03-2008, 10:13 AM
That length of trip is exactly why we're heading out for 5 nights in a week. I always feel like Im getting to know where the animals are and then "well we better pack up". Im deerless too after 3 trips of about the same length. Sometimes you get lucky like my buddy who drove up off a road by the tollbooth (or rubble that was the tb) sat down for 15 minutes and banged down a nice buck on the 31st. No pre scouting, nothing but a hunch.
I always tell myself that any trip is a good trip and its all adding to my knowledge and all that but I certainly feel your pain. I do think that if it were easy we wouldn't have people that have hunted mulies for 40 years and still love it. They'd get bored. Thats why hunting is such an amazing, purifying experience.
Matt

newhunterette
11-03-2008, 10:14 AM
So after the following trips...

So let me make it clear to you... I dont want anyones GPS coordinates but its the bottome of the 9th 2 outs and a full count..

If I Strike out...It will be a deerless year.

Just so you know - I have many really great recipes for "TAG SOUP" that I am always willing to share :)

all kiddin aside - best luck and straight shootin this weekend

Bowzone_Mikey
11-03-2008, 03:50 PM
I have been skunked so far this year ... its not lack of triing tho ... more my stubburness to use my bow than anything else tho,

I have let 2 arrows fly and both hit over hanging branches that were closer than I thought and had a few more chances with critters in range but not presenting a good shot .... I coulda shot a Nice buck yesterday but the low percentage shot he presented me I would still be out looking for him I have no doubt

dutchie
11-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Don't hold that thought to long...

You think that is going to happen it will!

This is my first year hunting and I have been out for 4 trips so far, seen a buck on everyday I have been out, and not a shot taken...

A good friend of mine told me that "you will not realize it yet but hunting is more then just finding and shooting an animal. It is about escaping reality"

Seize the moment of not having to work, getting into nature and enjoying the wilderness. Spend time with friends, and get to know yourself a little better. A full freezer is a added bonus!!!

dutchie