PDA

View Full Version : Californian Bighorns

srupp
11-01-2008, 06:57 PM
I was out early this morning at 'work" and ....." on the WEST side of the Fraser river in one of my favorite locations I glanced over waanting to see rams where I always usually see em..but KNOWING they would no longer be there and probably never would be again..and

SON OF A gun..if there where I would ALWAYS see rams were 8 RAMS STANDING on the edge like the good old days...what a wonderful site...

The rest of my morning was S$#&#&#!!!!! but the rams were a breath of fresh air...

cheers

Steven

Stone Sheep Steve
11-01-2008, 08:44 PM
That big one must be walking with cane by now:cool:.

SSS

srupp
11-01-2008, 09:08 PM
I didnt get much time to judge em...but 2 looked very nice...the others were smaller...havnt a clue where they been hanging out or moved in from BUT first SNOW I will be there looking for fresh trails for NEXT fall..
cheers

Steven

boxhitch
11-02-2008, 05:24 AM
Posssibly always been there? Not in view of the casual looker ?
Would be good IF numbers were rising again.

srupp
11-02-2008, 10:45 AM
I knew there was i really great ram in "the immediate area " from scouting earlier this year..however that 8 rams were seen together was a complete shock...the sign just wasnt there in sept/august..maybe moved back in??pressure???

end of Nov will tell the story AND PHOTOS..:smile:

cheers

Steven

Burny
11-02-2008, 01:32 PM
My wife and I were up there last year and I have some nice pics. there were seven rams no ewes, it was mid september right on the west fraser road, I grew up there until I was 7 and never saw them when I was younger, took my wife to show her our old house and there they were.

mark
11-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Saw 8 rams on the river last year but couldnt find em this year!

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/../photos/data/500/medium/IMG_2147_Small_.JPG (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/../photos/showphoto.php?photo=6299&size=big&cat=500&ppuser=501)

srupp
11-03-2008, 02:34 AM
Hi Mark...I was pretty surprised because with the moist fall weather the sheep trails are starting to show some use...:eek: and its DEFINATLY sheep tracks and not deer...so with some snow i will be able to confirm this small groups range with in the next month or so....but definatly on the backside of the mountain away from most of the travel by hunters..and using the TREED AREAS heavily by the looks of it..and Im pretty sure I was were you was..

steven

behemoth
11-03-2008, 12:49 PM
If I am correct, you saw these in an area that is never open to hunting sheep? Not even LEH?

srupp
11-03-2008, 03:07 PM
nope these are in a legal hunting area...

cheers

ps. MARK probably knows where they are..as we have talked..as does one other hunter who was going in there last month???dont know how he did..but yes open season...

Steven

Springer
11-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Elmer was this flatlander in the area with you a few weeks ago??

srupp
11-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Hi Phil nawwwww we was south of where you and I was..and this time I was on the WEST side of the Fraser down "by Gang ranch" :tongue: sort of kind of ....:shock:MAYBE..lol..

A few of their hiding spots are now showing up with the rain and frost..tomorrow it is supposed to SNOW..so soon grasshopper....soon..

steven