PDA

View Full Version : griz in 7-03

outdooorsman
09-16-2005, 10:49 AM
hey guys, got a buddy looking for any extra info from anyone who knows the 7-03 area. got the fall griz tag for the area as well as a goat draw there too. we think the goat should be no problem but the griz we're not too sure about! thanks

Bowhunter32
09-16-2005, 11:31 AM
what do yuo need to know i know 78- 3 like the back of my hand, i live here so thats not a problem, what you need to know and i will give you the best info i can

BCrams
09-16-2005, 01:43 PM
I know 7-03 also like the back of my hand for both goats and grizz .......

outdooorsman
09-16-2005, 03:11 PM
thinking of going in the Holmes river, have the goat draw for zone K. what would you guys figure for griz, up in the alpine?

Bowhunter32
09-16-2005, 04:11 PM
thinking of going in the Holmes river, have the goat draw for zone K. what would you guys figure for griz, up in the alpine?

For grizzlies i would sugest you going up the holms river til you hit the chalco road that is aprox 16 km just past the first bridge and you go up to 20km up that road that once you leave the holmes road the km stay the same as if you are continuing up the main road so example, you are at 16 and start going up the chalco road it carries on at the same km as the main road , not starting from one , as soon as you get to 19 find a spot to park your truck,and you want to go on the high side of the road which will be to your right going in, you want to walk straight up the hill till you get to the top so you can look over the otherside back onto the holmes river road, you can actually see both sides where you are.
While you are goping up you will notice lots of hucklberries and blueberry busheses on the hill, check to see if ther eare lots of berries eatten off by the bears, and if so keep your eyes open, once you have reached the top, glass all the way allong the ride top of the peek, you will see sparce trees and bushes all the way to the top of the peek , when the berries are there the bears are there.. if you ened anymore information jus tlet me know, i have seen some big grisslies and taken many from the homles myself along wiht other areas , so

outdooorsman
09-16-2005, 04:20 PM
thanks for the great info, guess it's up to me from here!

Bowhunter32
09-16-2005, 08:40 PM
if you need anymore info just let me know..

BCrams
09-16-2005, 11:42 PM
Well dang .......another grizz spot to add to my maps !!! Thanks.

Bowhunter32
09-17-2005, 11:35 AM
not a problem, i know a few really nice places but ther across the way aswell in area 7 05 not 7-03 ( but thers lots of nice area there or even up Small creek is good for griz nice cut blocks up ther wiht nice green grass in them