PDA

View Full Version : Going on first hunt!

heliwrench
10-31-2008, 01:05 PM
Hi guys.

This is my first hunting season and finally I am goin on my first hunt in the middle of november! (I know should have started already!)

The only member of my family who still hunts is my great-uncle in Kamloops. He worked for forestry for years and knows kamloops well.

I am very excited.

Hes saying we are going to go out after some mule deer. Regs say 4 point n up.

Sounds like a tough first hunt.

Were going to be doing a couple day Trips from his place.

Should I get more than just my mule tag? whitetail or bear maybe?

Any tips on gear for daytrips and nebie tips appreciated, I have seached the forums to and found many a great tip.

I wil bring my camera and post in a few weeks of how it goes.

Steeleco
10-31-2008, 01:08 PM
If your likely to see whities or bears then I'd get a tag for each. It would suck big time if you see critters you've not got tags for. That and white tails have different antler restrictions IIRC

Good luck.

hunter1947
10-31-2008, 01:14 PM
If you want to shoot anything that will be open in this region ,if me I would buy tags for all that will be open in this region ,you just never know what might appear.

You have an advantage over others having you great uncle working for the forestry company ,he will know where there are game animals.

Your great uncle will put you into a decent area and when he does work that area hard and look for tracks sign and rubs ,if you find all you will find the deer.
Good luck.

LeverActionJunkie
10-31-2008, 02:35 PM
Definately get a whitie tag as well. Enjoy the hunt.

boxhitch
10-31-2008, 06:13 PM
Good luck to ya.
Tags are cheap, compared to the heartache of spotting a shooter and haveing only pictures to shoot.