PDA

View Full Version : Baldy buck

longwalk
10-28-2008, 06:12 PM
When I was hunting region 8 this fall I met a young guide who showed me some pics of a monster non typical mulie that was taken in the Mount Baldy area. It is supposedly the new British Columbia record and Cabelas paid the hunter $285,000 for the mount, the person who showed me the pics also said the main beams were bigger than the elk he had gotten earlier. Has anyone else seen or heard anything of this deer?

3kills
10-28-2008, 06:39 PM
looked on the b&c trophy watch but dont see nothing but doesnt mean it isnt true...

mark
10-28-2008, 06:50 PM
When was it supposedly taken?
Recently??
News like that doesnt stay under ground for long, especially if its a new BC #1.
Sure be nice to see a pic!

longwalk
10-28-2008, 06:55 PM
I believe the deer was taken this year. The pictures I saw were hard copy in an album so no chance to pass them on, but it sure was a monster set of head gear.

mark
10-28-2008, 07:16 PM
The guide must of mentioned a score??? Tell me you know the score!

bigmike
10-28-2008, 07:58 PM
When I was hunting region 8 this fall I met a young guide who showed me some pics of a monster non typical mulie that was taken in the Mount Baldy area. It is supposedly the new British Columbia record and Cabelas paid the hunter $285,000 for the mount, the person who showed me the pics also said the main beams were bigger than the elk he had gotten earlier. Has anyone else seen or heard anything of this deer?

this guy wasnt an arabian sand salesman was he???

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n255/toyotadon/bullshit.jpg

tailgate77
10-28-2008, 07:59 PM
LOL Thats funny

Mckinney Creek Adventures
10-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Is this the Mt. Baldy Ski hill? If so, where did you run into this guide? What was he driving? I might know who he might be and will try to find out the truth of this matter.

MCA
\

elkdom
10-28-2008, 08:49 PM
suspicious indeed! ,,,manditory drying period???,
before official scoring in any record books, BC trophies, B&C, P&Y, etc,
the trophy has been MOUNTED??? before official scoring???
and it is already purchased??? by Cabelas for $285,000 ???
and the story is it is this years buck???
all a bit odd at this point???
I think someone is pulling someones' leg!,,,,,,(green antler)

huntwriter
10-28-2008, 08:53 PM
If it’s true that Cabela’s paid the hunter $285,000 then it must be a huge buck. Not every hunter registers a trophy and without registering with one of the official trophy books it is not likely to make headline news. I know of several hunters that have monster trophy racks hanging on their walls and nobody ever heard about because they did not register the racks.

I will contact a friend of mien in the Cabela’s management and let you know if I hear something.

elkdom
10-28-2008, 09:12 PM
If it’s true that Cabela’s paid the hunter $285,000 then it must be a huge buck. Not every hunter registers a trophy and without registering with one of the official trophy books it is not likely to make headline news. I know of several hunters that have monster trophy racks hanging on their walls and nobody ever heard about because they did not register the racks.

I will contact a friend of mien in the Cabela’s management and let you know if I hear something.

It is possible, but not likely, A trophy new record muley shot this fall would take some damm fast taxidermy to be finished already!
(referred to as a mount) next if someone offers you $285,000 for something that hasnt been recognized, that would be a bit dumb ! to say the least, to accept an offer, that maybe after some exposure and media hype you may be offered a cool $ million U.S., so why sell it in secret, why not wait 6 months at least ? before selling? all sounds kinda odd!! and remember the deer in question is referred to as new B.C. RECORD non typical muley!

Alpine Addict
10-28-2008, 09:31 PM
I work with a friend of the owner of baldy mountain outfitters. Ill check on saturday. I've heard of some big guys comin out of there though

huntwriter
10-28-2008, 09:33 PM
(referred to as a mount) next if someone offers you $285,000 for something that hasnt been recognized,
Not necessary, Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shop have special departments that do nothing but buy antlers, mounts and other store “decoration”. They couldn’t care less about the rack is in the book as long as the antlers are large. Actually they prefer, with rare exceptions, racks that have not been entered because they are a few thousand dollars cheaper than the registered mounts. Where you think all the mounts and antlers come from you see in Cabeal’s and Bass Pro Shop? They buy them from hunters.

I am not saying that the story is true. All I am saying that it is possible that Cabela’s purchased the rack. Like I said I will find out tomorrow.

dana
10-28-2008, 09:52 PM
The killer of this rumor is the price. Heck, the Chip Lake Buck, which is the current B&C World Record Non-typical sold a few years ago for less than that. Every year people start internet lore about Cabelas paying some huge $ amount and they are nothing but bogus lies.

Kody94
10-28-2008, 09:55 PM
ditto dana.

Jelvis
10-28-2008, 09:57 PM
I once asked the best furniture store owner and a number one used car salesman the secret of getting the best price and what is it worth? How much is it worth? Guess what?
As much as you can get for it. lol. Jelly - yuse carse

elkdom
10-28-2008, 10:19 PM
The killer of this rumor is the price. Heck, the Chip Lake Buck, which is the current B&C World Record Non-typical sold a few years ago for less than that. Every year people start internet lore about Cabelas paying some huge $ amount and they are nothing but bogus lies.

si' me tinks someone is pulling someones leg (green antler)!