PDA

View Full Version : Bochunk - goin' fer the Gold.

Bow Walker
10-28-2008, 06:06 PM
Here's a shot of Bochunk practicing for next year's Games. He's determined to do well. He's just not sure whether to go for the Open Class, or the Bow Hunter Class.

With a 'pretty' bow like that - how can he not enter the Open Class??:confused:

Kinda suits him, don't you think? I, for one, will be "in his corner" when the Games begin. :mrgreen:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Oct_28_08_004.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=11015)

BowSitter
10-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Nice of you to let Steve shoot your bow Dan, looks like it fits him too!

Eagle1
10-28-2008, 09:48 PM
Someone has to get some use out of dat perrdy bow.LOL
good luck Steve.
Need any help just let me know I'll do what I can fer ya.

oldtimer
10-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Dan, What "Games " ?? surely Bochunk is way too young for the senior games. Mike

Bow Walker
10-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Yup - he's just a "pup"..........and don't call me Shirley.

He's going to set the World Police/Fireman Games on its collective butt(s) next year. Tough competition in the Archery venue, but with enough hard practise he'll do well. Just look at that "target stare" he's already developing.

Although I think he'd be happier to have a kisser button on the string, as he's used to one on his hunting bow.

We'll see what we can come up with for him.

bochunk2000
10-31-2008, 08:42 PM
That IS a pretty bow. I just need to decide if I'm going to make the jump for the games or not. I love to shoot my hunting bow and I like the practice I get with it at the shoots. I think I will have to try it again before I will be able to decide. They are so completely different.

Do any of you shoot two eyes open when using a scope.on your sight. I normally shoot that way but it was an odd feeling having my eyes at different focus levels.
Steve

jessbennett
11-01-2008, 03:57 PM
when i shoot a lense, i shoot both eyes open. if your used to shooting both eyes open, dont change. it will throw everything for a poop. ;)

shoot how your most comfortable. and good luck.;-)

jessbennett
11-01-2008, 03:58 PM
or.... try shooting an open sight without the lense. just an idea.

Bow Walker
11-01-2008, 08:24 PM
It's also tough to get used to 'dialing' one pin up or down for yardage estimation(s). If you're used to bracketing the pins for that in between yardage, you're going to have a bit to get used to. Sort of like Brother Ron getting used to his back tension release at the last shoot.

But. It's any easy thing to get the hang of - if you give it a serious try. My poor bow hasn't been to a shoot in a long time. It's getting a complex!

oldtimer
11-02-2008, 10:21 AM
When are the games. I am eleigible as I was a volunteer fireman in Coldstream / Lavington for 10 plus years. Mike

puppychow
11-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Why is he in a Police and Fire Games, he neither. Oh! I get it, he's waiting for someone to say "FIRE". Just kidding, good luck Steve, you will do well. Practice hard. Puppy.

bochunk2000
11-02-2008, 08:27 PM
When are the games. I am eleigible as I was a volunteer fireman in Coldstream / Lavington for 10 plus years. Mike

They are the first weeks of august. If you google the games it will tell you exactly.
Steve

Eagle1
11-02-2008, 10:51 PM
It's also tough to get used to 'dialing' one pin up or down for yardage estimation(s). If you're used to bracketing the pins for that in between yardage, you're going to have a bit to get used to. Sort of like Brother Ron getting used to his back tension release at the last shoot.

But. It's any easy thing to get the hang of - if you give it a serious try. My poor bow hasn't been to a shoot in a long time. It's getting a complex!

You don't need to keep "dialing" it up or down, you only need the 3 distances for the 900 rd.Unless they are shooting a field rd as well then you would need more distances,I think out to 50 yds, depends on the "games" rules
I heard Ron shot better'n you...... oh ya you's didn't go.:razz:
That bow already had a complex when you bought it, It's a "HOYT":tongue:

Bow Walker
11-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Ron sure does shoot "targets" better'n me - he took to archery like shite sticks to a wool blanket.:rolleyes: Also shows what constant practice will do for a shooter.:idea:

I'm really quite proud of him....just don't tell him that!:redface:

Steve will be shooting in 3D competition - last time I competed (ya, it was a while ago damnit:mad:) I was changing the yardage pin at just about every target. Takes a bit of getting used to, not much - just a bit.