PDA

View Full Version : Bison and Mulie help

4pointhunter
10-27-2008, 07:35 PM
i got a bison draw 7-57A november 15-30, i have a cabin on the blueberry reserve for the bison hunt we are hoping to get it quick so we can head out mulie hunting.
I have never been past prince george so we will have no idea where to go or stay any ideas where we should get a cabin or hotel with decent mulie hunting near by?

d6dan
10-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Try hunting around Chetwynd. I've been going up there to hunt with my Brother who lives there. 2 yrs 2 bucks.

jml11
10-28-2008, 08:43 AM
Should be good mulie and whitetail hunting anywhere in the peace around that time, but it is mostly private land. Hotels available in all the towns, but they may be full with other hunters, it does get busy at times.

Otherwise consider going a bit more south into the cariboo.

338 winmag
10-28-2008, 08:48 AM
If u choose a hotel in Chetwynd check out either the Lakeview or Pomeroy , we saw 2 muley bucks in Hudson Hope a couple weeks ago , saw them in the playground area right in town .

elkdom
10-28-2008, 12:25 PM
You may wish to confirm and reserve a hotel well ahead of arriving in region 7B, Chetwynd, Ft St John, Dawson Creek, many hotels are booked for entire winter by oil/gas construction companies, many rooms are unoccupied, but remain unavailable , and when you find rooms available be prepared to pay about $150 per night, so check ahead ,worth the calls to get a reasonable deal and a reservation!!

BCrams
10-28-2008, 12:27 PM
You may wish to confirm and reserve a hotel well ahead of arriving in region 7B, Chetwynd, Ft St John, Dawson Creek, many hotels are booked for entire winter by oil/gas construction companies, many rooms are unoccupied, but remain unavailable , and when you find rooms available be prepared to pay about $150 per night, so check ahead ,worth the calls to get a reasonable deal and a reservation!!

what he said x 2

browningboy
10-28-2008, 01:38 PM
If you are staying on the blueberry river, there are plenty of big mulies around, no need to go somewhere else if rifle season is open when you go up, see the biggest mule of my life on 132 Rd, damn monster, thought it was an elk!

4pointhunter
10-28-2008, 05:05 PM
thanks for the heads up on the hotels, mulies are not open in 7-57