PDA

View Full Version : Banded Pin Tail

Sheldon
10-27-2008, 03:20 PM
I've been bad at posting reports this year so far, so I'll try to be better. Opening morning a buddy and I got our limit in a quick hour and a half. We were out ladner way and one of the pin tails we shot was banded!

I am currently waiting on the band information and certificate. I will post more when I get the results.

I have since been out 4 times. All have provided limits except for the short afternoon I spent in the pitt marsh. I went in the afternoon to check it out as it was the firt time I had hunted it. It was a blue bird day and I was only on a scouting mission. Though I brought a few decoys and the dog just in case. I set up near Dano's blind and after 30 mins had a green head and a canada. Passed on a few teal and widgeon.

I'm living in Maple Ridge now, so its only a short drive to the pitt. Its tough to get away from my old and trusted spots to try new areas but the hour drive to ladner each way is killing me in gas every time I want to hunt, especially knowing the the pitt is so close.

Here is a photo of the banded bird.

kyleklassen
07-09-2013, 08:55 PM
a banded pintail!!!...let me be the first to congragulate you.... good goin' ...k.k.

Fella
07-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Ya, way to go 5 years ago!

BiG Boar
07-09-2013, 11:40 PM
So any update on the and info? Or still waiting?