PDA

View Full Version : Tree sling

Statler
10-27-2008, 03:15 PM
Saw a guy using a tree sling on a deer hunting show back east and was wondering if anyone used them. It looked pretty interesting and alot more convienent then a traditonal tree stand. All he required was a hook up point in a tree and he was good to go. Sure seemed that it would make a lot of sense if you had numerous spots that you wanted to cover with a minimum of fuss. Any thoughts?

boxhitch
10-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Didn't see that one. Was it high in the tree or just something portable to use as a seat?

I carry rope in my day pack, and have used it to build a quickie sling seat and to tie up a log to create a quick perch, ground level stuff.

Statler
10-27-2008, 10:32 PM
It looked like he was wearing a web harness sort of deal that allowed him to sit back into it. Something like what a bridge painter would use I think. He then just used tree spikes and preset hooks positioned in various trees in the area he hunted. He just climbed up to his desired height and snapped himself in. He was saying that it gave him far more mobility in the tree than with a standard tree stand by allowing him to simply walk around the tree while being suspended. Looked like it would open a lot more shooting angles for sure. If nothing else once you have your areas scouted it sure looked like it would save the hassle of humping a traditional stand around and the bonus I think would be that you wouldn't be leaving an expensive piece of kit out in the bush.