PDA

View Full Version : m u 5 -12a

sparkes3
10-25-2008, 10:24 PM
just wondering if anyone has been up in this area lately.we are heading up there thursday for a couple of weeks.just wondering how the hunting is up there now.also if anyone knows of a good spot to set up a base camp .areas to hunt is there many cut blocks or swamps.we got two bulls to get plus deer if we see any.should i take my boat or would that just be a waste of time.any info is greatly appreciated.

mulerider
10-25-2008, 11:06 PM
5-2 was looking good last weekend. We got a couple of 2 points. Near cherry creek rd.

TimberPig
10-26-2008, 08:58 AM
I was working out in that area last week. There were some hunters staying at the motel we were staying at and they weren't seeing too much. Few chickens and one bull hanging at the guide's camp (one of my coworkers is the guide's brother, he hasn't had anything too wild to report). The moose are there, but they aren't too easy to find. The requirement for horses or a strong back (no quads allowed in case you didn't know, like the hunters staying where we were, who brought one and then realized they couldn't use it :lol:) for packing your meat out means most pressure is close to the roads, where the moose aren't due to the pressure, from the natives as well as the resident hunters and the guide outfitter's operation.

HighCountry
10-26-2008, 10:52 AM
I just got back from M 5.13 there's a lot of moose in that area, only takes a couple hours to fill our 2 moose tags.

young hunter
06-25-2018, 08:31 AM
hi,
just saw your posting, I have a leh moose draw in 5-12a oct1-oct14, need any advise can help. sorry for bother your this way thank you very much in advance

I was working out in that area last week. There were some hunters staying at the motel we were staying at and they weren't seeing too much. Few chickens and one bull hanging at the guide's camp (one of my coworkers is the guide's brother, he hasn't had anything too wild to report). The moose are there, but they aren't too easy to find. The requirement for horses or a strong back (no quads allowed in case you didn't know, like the hunters staying where we were, who brought one and then realized they couldn't use it :lol:) for packing your meat out means most pressure is close to the roads, where the moose aren't due to the pressure, from the natives as well as the resident hunters and the guide outfitter's operation.