PDA

View Full Version : M.U. 3-12 - going for Muley

pete_k
10-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Hey guys.
I only started hunting 4 years ago and harvested all my bucks in 8-12 and 8-14. It's time to change things up and I am planning on harvesting a Muley up in 3-12 (Coquahala connector between Merritt and Kelowna).
The Muley season is a bit longer up there (more than in 8).
I'm open to any tips. I'll be heading up for a recon mission next weekend without the trailer, and then a full trip (with trailer) on the Novemberence Day long weekend. It will be me and the fiance and the baby, so it will be mostly road hunting.
Anyone have any tips, advise or suggestions for that area. I have no quad.
Thanks a bunch!

10-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Other than seeing moose and moose sign I've had exactly zero luck with deer in the southern portion of 3-12. Maybe the northern half is better. Just a guess though because I haven't hunted there.

I'd stay in the area you know. It makes things a little simpler.

Steeleco
10-25-2008, 10:48 PM
There's lots of nice open blocks in and around Pothole creek. But the last time I was in there, the guys chasing the bug killed trees were real busy. A few whities in there too.

dave_fras
10-26-2008, 06:10 AM
i was up there all day yesterday....all we spotted was 2 moose and a grouse! haha....and believe me... we went everywhere.... we even ended up coming down pennask.. on the merritt side lol.. i didnt have the chance to get out and walk.. i was with my uncle... and hes in a wheel chair... soo that idea down work to well haha

boxhitch
10-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Hey guys.
It will be me and the fiance and the baby, so it will be mostly road hunting.
Anyone have any tips, advise or suggestions for that area. I have no quad.
Thanks a bunch!Have your partner drive.

shantz
10-26-2008, 04:38 PM
I just got back from 3-12 half hour ago and in total I saw 9 does, 3 moose, 2 coyotes and a bear. Was in the Roundtop Mountain area and saw most of the game while hiking including a herd of 5 mulie does that i watched for over an hour with no buck in sight. One of the does was getting chased around by coyotes but i could get a shot at them.

Good Luck

PS Lots of road hunters in this area.

dave_fras
10-26-2008, 05:13 PM
ya theres a ton of road hunters up there!!!

mark
10-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Also spent the day in 3-12, saw nothing but trucks! Didnt even see a fresh track of anything!

Jelvis
10-26-2008, 06:48 PM
mark --- you saw trucks? ---- Not one track?
Whats happened to our mark? With the big muley avatar?
Not one track. lol Must be a good area if mark was hunting it. We got mark on this one. lol
Hunting in MU 3-12 must be alright. lol
Jelly-man-mark-punk'd yah! lol.

Pete
10-26-2008, 07:29 PM
I am sorry to say but the crap has been logged out of the north end of 3-12. and it still continues. There is no care or concern for wildlife as the logging companies are taking EVERYTHING. You will get some nice bucks out of that area but you are really going to have to work for them or just get lucky. Good Luck!!!!!

Machinist
10-26-2008, 07:51 PM
I was in the Paridise lake area last weekend for 4 day's Oct 16/15/18/19 , we seen 6 moose in total three bull's but we had no LEH for bulls none were immature's , and 8 deer , two mulie does the rest were whities mostly we seen there tails waveing us good bye :shock: One whitiey buck but he was on the move before we could get a shot , Lots of active logging in the area so watch out for the logging trucks if you go in there , we accessed the area via Elkhart road. good luck !!