PDA

View Full Version : What are the Reports??????

clu__82
10-25-2008, 07:51 AM
Looking for some info on area 7-2, 7-3, & 7-4. Will be hunting deer there in two weeks.

What do you have for me in regards to info right now?

Weather:
Rut stage (I am guessing late pre-rut now and in two weeks it should be in full swing rut at that time):
Snow:
Areas producing deer (both whitetail and Mulies):

It will be the first time for my dad and I up there in the area, so we are trying to get as much info as we can.

Would you stick to the Valemount area? Or would you travel north to Dunster or McBride?

Where would you set up camp? We are meeting on a thursday night late and will be setting up camp on friday morning after we get all of our tags.

So please anything that can help us bag some deer would be most helpful.

Thanks

Clu__82

ThisIsLiving
10-25-2008, 01:29 PM
7-4..... up the kiwa river area dad and i were hunting moose and came across a huge 8x8 muley but he was in and out of the thick bush quicker then we could stop the truck..... id buy a moose take yea never know when your going to come across and immy pleanty of deer to spare u should have no problem anywhere u go in those regions

BCrams
10-25-2008, 08:27 PM
Entire Dunster area is private land. Permission will be required to hunt that area as well as most of the main valley is all private.

Crown land is mostly up Kiwa and closer to Valemount as well as those cuts above the highway along the north side.

kgriz
10-25-2008, 08:38 PM
How about 7-17? Just a little further up the highway towards prince you could turn off onto the walker creek fsr and then onto the POB road....lots of big bucks there....I just don't have time to get there so I can give you some specific info if you're interested.

moosinaround
10-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Walker creek FSR, POB FSR. Both whities and mulies. Camp at the gravel pit on the east side of the bridge, at around 6 km. Moosin

kgriz
10-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Hey moosin, we've politely discussed this area before...:-P
Did you ever see that gagger non-typical near the jail or across at the old ritchie bros sight near toward the airport about 8 years ago? If you saw him you'd know which one I mean. Every time I hear people talk about where to go for big bucks I think of him and laugh

moosinaround
10-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Hey moosin, we've politely discussed this area before...:-P
Did you ever see that gagger non-typical near the jail or across at the old ritchie bros sight near toward the airport about 8 years ago? If you saw him you'd know which one I mean. Every time I hear people talk about where to go for big bucks I think of him and laugh
I haven't seen him, but I have seen some beauties around the old ritchie bros site, and close to the south scales on the hill side where the new bridge is. Last fall I did see a HUGE 5x5 typical in the NCP (RIP) log yard. They like that Fir ridge along the river. Moosin

kgriz
10-25-2008, 09:05 PM
A good spot for the sharp stick...just keep away from the fellow at the trailer park across from the old R Bros....he seems to think that the city, RCMP, and CO's all have it wrong....its illegal to hunt within city limits. I made the mistake of asking permission to hunt that field.:D and recieved a 1/2 rant for my trouble

Ambush
10-25-2008, 10:40 PM
There are NO deer in PG, guys. And even fewer moose!

BCrams
10-25-2008, 10:44 PM
How about 7-17? Just a little further up the highway towards prince you could turn off onto the walker creek fsr and then onto the POB road....lots of big bucks there....I just don't have time to get there so I can give you some specific info if you're interested.

He said it. Its a good area to hunt.

kgriz
10-25-2008, 10:58 PM
No immature bull moose at the university with a small palm on one side and a fork on the other either.........Had my bow in the truck too but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.......I could just see how easily it could go sideways there....I know guys hunt there but they are braver than me!

Wildfoot
10-28-2008, 10:56 AM
just got back from valemount. It was really, really busy. Get well off the main roads. Animals seem to be scarce - i would get creative and strap on the boots.

BCrams
10-28-2008, 11:54 AM
just got back from valemount. It was really, really busy. Get well off the main roads. Animals seem to be scarce - i would get creative and strap on the boots.

Nothing new there. Its always been like that out there.

The hunting isn't as cracked up to be as people make it out to be.