PDA

View Full Version : day hunt.

10-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Hi guys,
I've been on the forum for almost a year now and pulled tons of information from the site, helping me get my first, doe, spike buck, bear and ducks last year. However the two deer I got were on gambier and were relatively easy to hunt. I have been up to harrison twice, pemberton to many times to count and a few other places, and haven't seen anything, leading me to believe that I am doing something or a few things wrong. so... I was wondering if anyone is going out hunting any time next week (monday to friday) for anything from deer to ducks, and would be willing to take a relatively new hunter out on there hunt?

I live up near ubc, but would be willing to drive 2 to 3 hours out.
I don't mind leaving the gun at home just to watch someone hunt who knows what they are doing.
thanks guys,

John.

Steeleco
10-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Don't sell yourself short. I've hunted Harrison MANY times and only got a few critters. In the end, it's all about timing. If your in the right place at the right time, you'll feel good. The same spot a day later, not so good.

Good luck getting out next week. I wish I had the time.

sneg
10-24-2008, 11:43 AM
yeah.Harrison and Pemberton hard hunt.but do the right thing and it will pay off.

10-24-2008, 11:18 PM
thanks for the encouraging advice guys.
I know it is just a matter of time till I gut my real buck.

bsa30-06
10-24-2008, 11:25 PM
i have hunted harrison east for about 4 years, only buck i saw was in the back of someone elses truck.

twoSevenO
10-24-2008, 11:39 PM
i have hunted harrison east for about 4 years, only buck i saw was in the back of someone elses truck.

I've been fishing and 4x4-ing up the west side of Harrison lake since 2000-2001 and In that time i've seen 2 does. Ironically, they were both a foot off pavement on the harrison west FSR :?.

The only bucks i've seen were in the back of some Natives' truck.

For day trips i go out to 8-05 (just off the coquihalla) .... have been there 3 times, and have yet to see a buck, but at least i see tons of sign :D.

10-26-2008, 05:38 PM
any takers?
I know one of you guys wants to blow off work one day next week and go for a hunt.

twoSevenO
10-26-2008, 05:56 PM
well ... i was thinking day trip to 2-3 with some decent hiking .... but i'm a newb though lol :)

sneg
10-27-2008, 07:39 AM
took small buck harrison east last year.but it was rather chancer..... my advise not spend too much time on those areas.better to drive little bit to more hunter friendly areas. does't matter if you are newb or not.learn what you need to do.get general idea about area.. go and scout.. find place with lot of deer signs and work it out...road hunting even easier if you are willing to burn gas ...good luck