PDA

View Full Version : noob question

Jamie Frost
10-23-2008, 10:26 PM
hi all, i just recently got my hunting licence and I have gotten my tags for deer, moose and blackbear (getting a little ahead of myself i know), but I was wondering how I go about getting my upland game and waterfowl/migratory bird tags. is it not like getting a species tag for large game? do I need individual tags for each specific kind of bird, or is it just a fee for the general class of bird. if so, what different tags are there? where do I get them? what about smaller game such as snowshoe hare for example? do you get tags for them as well. I know I just asked many questions and maybe they are dumb or uneducated questions:redface:, but like I say I just got my licence and intend on fully complying with the regs and dont want to leave anything to chance. thanks in advance

Iron-Head
10-23-2008, 10:29 PM
All small game as wel as upland birds are covered by your resident hunting licence booklet, you do not need to purchase any additional tags for those critters.

Although for Migratory game birds you will need to see your local post office to pick up a permit.

Iron'

BTW Welcome aboard, You will find there is no such thing as a stupid or dumb question here. Although in order to be fully accepted you must post a good joke!

Jamie Frost
10-23-2008, 10:33 PM
thank you kindly

Bow Walker
10-24-2008, 08:35 AM
Post 2 and no joke? Come on Jaime, you must know at least one joke/funny story.

FLHTCUI
10-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Jaime, for your migaratory permit you will need proof of liability insurance in the amount of $1,000000 ... this is covered under house insurance.
Of course that is if you are going to be hunting in teh lowermainland region for ducks and or geese.
BTW.
Did you wash your hands today?
it is Friday after all ;)
(plumbers joke)

Jimbo
10-24-2008, 07:55 PM
Jamie, the Migratory Game Bird license Does Not require insurance coverage. It costs $ 17 at the post office.

The Fraser Valley Special Area license Does require $1,000,000 liability insurance (from your house insurance or BCWF membership) to hunt any game in the lower mainland.:D

FLHTCUI
10-24-2008, 08:00 PM
Jaime, for your migaratory permit you will need proof of liability insurance in the amount of $1,000000 ... this is covered under house insurance.
Of course that is if you are going to be hunting in the lowermainland region for ducks and or geese.
BTW.
(plumbers joke)

OOPs, my bad. Thanks for correcting my oversight .
I was working till 0330 this morning and my brain was not functioning as well as it should have been when I made that erroneous statement.
Thanks Jimbo and sorry for the confusion I may have caused.
Rob

Allen50
10-24-2008, 08:07 PM
just woundering if you paid atenision in class, you said you just got your lic, etc, did you not take the core hunting course, do they not explain these things in class, i belive they do as my some took the course and learned about birds as well in his course, jus woundering,, check your game reg's before going out into the woods to see what you can shoot and can not shoot,,, good luck,,

Jamie Frost
10-25-2008, 11:13 PM
just woundering if you paid atenision in class, you said you just got your lic, etc, did you not take the core hunting course, do they not explain these things in class, i belive they do as my some took the course and learned about birds as well in his course, jus woundering,, check your game reg's before going out into the woods to see what you can shoot and can not shoot,,, good luck,,

first off pal, I challenged the core test and did quite well on it but that doesn't mean I'm packing up and heading out to the bush with guns blazing until i'm sure, second, I was recommended this sight by a fellow who said if i had questions that this would be a good source of knowledge from people who are interested in preserving the sport, third, I have the regs and I didn't find it clear enough to make the call on my own, so before doing something something illegal by my own lack of knowledge, i thought it to be a good idea to ask people who know what they are talking about. I suppose im not as smart as you, but instead of guessing, i took it upon myself to seek the info before going out to the bush and firing away. thanks to the rest of the guys who arnt ignorant about my question, i appreciate the responses. to you buddy, do me the favour of not responding to my posts in the future if you dont mind, i would appreciate it, that is unless you have something un pampas to say

Jamie Frost
10-25-2008, 11:19 PM
btw for the guys who wanted a joke, a guy is hitchhiking his way to town to vote. a guy stops and asks him what he is doing and when he finds out, asks him who he is voting for. he says Conservative and the man says, i only pickup liberal voters. a woman stops and asks the same questions and responds the same way. finally a beautiful lady in a bmw stops and asks where he is going and who he is voting for. this time the man says he is voting liberal, so she says she will give him a ride. so they are driving and the guys is looking at her smiling and she asks whats so funny and the guy says, Ive only been a liberal for 5 minutes and i already feel like screwing someone.

Jamie Frost
10-25-2008, 11:22 PM
BTW.
(plumbers joke)[/quote]

LOL:lol: $#it runs downhill, paydays friday and wash your hands after work, the 3 things you must know if you want to be a plumber

Jimbo
10-26-2008, 10:02 AM
J F , Good for you for asking the question !! The whole Core, PAL, hunting license process is pretty complicated and shows some determination on your part to complete it without a mentor.

Can't stress enough, the importance of reading the regs from front to back. Every year !!

Good luck out there.

brian
10-26-2008, 01:46 PM
third, I have the regs and I didn't find it clear enough to make the call on my own, so before doing something something illegal by my own lack of knowledge, i thought it to be a good idea to ask people who know what they are talking about. Yeah that is a good idea, the regs can be as clear as mud in some places.

spreerider
10-26-2008, 06:56 PM
you can download the regs in a pdf format just google bc hunting regs

Bow Walker
10-26-2008, 08:09 PM
JF - A50 isn't really as bad as you might think. He's got some good ideas and certainly has the good of the sport at heart. Try to read posts on the internet with a large grain of salt.

Jamie Frost
11-03-2008, 08:12 PM
JF - A50 isn't really as bad as you might think. He's got some good ideas and certainly has the good of the sport at heart. Try to read posts on the internet with a large grain of salt.

good call. im on my way for the 20kg bag as we speek:smile: cheers guys