PDA

View Full Version : Princeton Whitetails?

MichelD
10-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Has anyone seen whitetails around Princeton?

I'm going on Sunday seeking a doe on my LEH draw and I'm already tagged out for a mulie buck in region 8 so I was wondering if it was worth trying for a whitetail buck around there. I have one little hole in some bottom land I'm eager to examine.

Or do I have to go East?

I know zip about where to find whitetails west of Osoyoos.

By the way, is it the right time of year to rattle or a bit too soon?

sneg
10-23-2008, 09:29 AM
I have not seen any white tails around Princeton at all. but again i spend most time in the bushes.guess white tails suppose to hang around orchards and fields. I have white tail LEH anterless for 8-12 and face the same dilemma.

Iron-Head
10-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Michel, PM sent..

boxhitch
10-23-2008, 10:58 AM
Some light tinkleing of the tines may get a curious buck looking in. Just like any deer noise. Fawn distress will get attention too. Of the furry kind maybe.

humble hunter
10-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Has anyone seen whitetails around Princeton?

I'm going on Sunday seeking a doe on my LEH draw and I'm already tagged out for a mulie buck in region 8 so I was wondering if it was worth trying for a whitetail buck around there. I have one little hole in some bottom land I'm eager to examine.

Or do I have to go East?

I know zip about where to find whitetails west of Osoyoos.

By the way, is it the right time of year to rattle or a bit too soon?

There are whitetails between princeton and hedley in the similkameen valley bottom only. I was driving along highway 3 about 5 years ago at the end of november and saw a 4 x 4 and a 5 x 5 in the field below larkin creek. I stopped and glassed them thinking they were mulies and to my surprise they were whitetails. Then last month when I had to skulk across that field to hike up into larkin creek for the sheep draw on the way out I walked up on a 2pt whitey and a couple of does. But the best bet is go up the weyerhauser road out of ok falls and hunt above there or go up mt. baldy.