PDA

View Full Version : End of Season Princeton Hunt...

blackford
10-22-2008, 11:24 PM
So i am thinking of going Remeberance day long weekend to Princeton to see if we can get a 4 point or better.. I have some friends that hunted Princeton pretty hard. ( in car, on foot, on quad you name it) They went off the beaten path.. and got skunked this year...

so i am wondering.. It would be right around Nov 7 onwards.... in your expierence... Is it worth hoteling it? If you have hunted the area in mid novemeber was it worth it? Do the big bucks come out in the rut...

Thanks.. just might rather go elsewhere if there is no action...

Mr. Dean
10-22-2008, 11:40 PM
You won't know what the 'action' is, unless ya go; or hear about it after coming back from MU-xyz.

hunter1947
10-23-2008, 05:02 AM
Blackford the long weekend in Nov has always been when we have got our bucks out of the princeton area ,they are just getting going on the rut at this time frame ,I would love to go there this year at that time ,but I have a island hunt planed for the same weekend.

Go there you won't be disappointed.

sneg
10-23-2008, 08:00 AM
Lot of bucks there and nice hunting country. Suggest you go. But do not shoot those in the city centre. I saw nice 4pt crossing pedestrian cross walk on green light.NO BS. They are smart.

Iron Glove
10-23-2008, 08:47 AM
I'll be up in Tulameen the same time looking for my buck. Spent a week over Thanksgiving and saw nothing other than two grouse. The neighbours all got their bucks tho' off Lawlesss so I guess they were around.
Last year got my buck at Thanksgiving above Tulameen and returned for Remembrance and saw lots.
Give it a go.
Yup, them damn Princeton bucks just sit in town looking at you. :sad:

Rob
10-23-2008, 09:14 AM
We were down from Oct 1-5 and only saw a few deer(1 decent buck but no chance for a shot) but there were sure a ton of hunters down there. Maybe the rut will move them around. Rob

Mr. Dean
10-23-2008, 09:39 AM
The Remembrance long weekend sees a LOT of hunters out and about because of the rut getting into swing, and because of the the 'extra' day afforded to some. It can be a good time in the bush for any MU that holds deer.

I try to avoid the peek rush hours opting for less pressure days. If that's not an option for you, pay the hotel bill and GO! But if you have another area that you have more experience in, I head for there.