PDA

View Full Version : Hunting near Kelowna

brandonhunter
10-22-2008, 08:34 PM
I was just wondering if someone could tell me if there were any good areas to hunt around Kelowna? I have been hunting in a few areas so far this year and have not seen much other than lots of does, grouse, and the odd cow moose. The three forks road area, and graystokes area has proven well in the past but I have not seen any bucks up there this year. Any information on where to go would help thanks.:smile:

NaStY
10-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Dude there are more animals up there then i have seen all my life. I wish i lived up there. ( I did for one month and had to come home in early sept) Keep lookin where you have seen the does. Bucks are there, you just have to stay and wait longer or push further up the hills.

BTW welcome to the site. Introduce yourself and spend some time here. Once people get to know you, they may give more info. Use the search feature also. Theres a ton of info hidden in the back ground 8-)

The Dawg
10-22-2008, 08:44 PM
BTW welcome to the site. Introduce yourself and spend some time here. Once people get to know you, they may give more info. Use the search feature also. Theres a ton of info hidden in the back ground 8-)

Excellent advice...welcome...but you are required to post a PG rated joke to appease the HBC gods....

Then advice may be given.....maybe :-D

mark
10-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Nothing wrong with the areas your hunting, Oct. can be a tough month for seeing good bucks. You can literally play spin the bottle and head into the hills where the bottle points ya, there is pretty good hunting just about any direction around here. The trick is to get to know the ground and hunt it hard! There absolutely nowhere that someone could send ya that will just have nice bucks standing around!

BIGHUNTERFISH
10-22-2008, 09:11 PM
If you want a whitetail buck ,wait about 3 weeks and head to Beaverdale.There will be lots of hunters so go for walk and look for some fresh scrapes ,buy yourself some deer urine and spray it on some tissue paper and hang them on branches near the scrapes ,go set up a quick blind with a good view of scrape area and wait.If you have the patience to wait for long periods of time you will be rewarded and your gas bill will be nice and low.

Big Daddy Ryan
10-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Looks as though you are out of luck as there is no good hunting anywhere around Kelowna...you might as well pack up and head to clearwater, i hear its good there.

Haha jk, what mark said pretty well sums it up. The area around 3 forks and the greystokes is decent but pretty well any of the hills around here will produce bucks if you look hard enough.

shantz
10-23-2008, 08:40 AM
I'm in the same boat as you. This is my first season hunting the Okanagan and all i have seen are moose, grouse, does, cow elk and a buck at about 800 yards. It will pickup once it gets a little colder and the rut starts up.

anytail
10-23-2008, 08:43 PM
The real piss off is all the nice bucks that are in town.

NaStY
10-23-2008, 08:54 PM
The real piss off is all the nice bucks that are in town.

Yup seen some real big ones the day before i left up there in sept. 3 in total and the biggest would have gone 190"s easy.....

Bigbuckadams
10-24-2008, 05:13 AM
Lots of deer around, no bucks though. I heard the Ministry is going to bring some bucks in from Clearwater for the rut :-D. Seriously, same old story, stay off the main roads and go for a walkabout. Good Luck!!

Teal
10-24-2008, 08:36 AM
I'm new to Kelowna as well. I've been seeing lots of does and a couple small bucks. Its always a challenge figuring out a new area however, it's still fun.