PDA

View Full Version : Signed ...Sealed...Just need to deliver

clu__82
10-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Well ...everything is finished....my dad has gotten the hunting permits so that I can hunt in BC as a non-resident...my PAL has been approved and will be here anyday....my manager gave me time off to work....I got the new tires for my camping trailer that I will be bringing with me for the weekend ...now it is just time to find some deer....I posted a while back ...but now as the time draws nearer ...I wanted to post again....I will be hunting the Valemount area with my dad from Nov 7-11th....we will be hunting for Mule and Whitetail deer....I have the BC backroads map along with the BC hunting regs ...and I have been cross referencing the area via GoogleEarth. Now, can anyone give me some hints as to where we can go in the Valemount area. We both have never been there before (dad is from Kelowna, and I now live in Leduc, AB) and this is the middle meeting point. So please, if possible can you give me any leads as to where some good deer hunting may be over the 7th to 11th of Nov and what time of terrain, weather etc to expect. It seems that the topography is very mountainess and I am expecting that there may be snow by then ...but please any info is very much appreciated... I hope the season has been treating everyone well and I am very excited to get to hunt with my dad again.

Thanks

Clu__82

Kody94
10-22-2008, 08:41 PM
What 3 MU's did you specify for the permit to accompany?

10-22-2008, 10:11 PM
I heard the Dunster area is pretty good.

clu__82
10-23-2008, 04:46 PM
the areas are 7-2, 7-3 and 7-4 I do believe

25tikka
10-23-2008, 07:38 PM
If you are hunting in the Valemount area you should have no trouble finding deer....either species. I used to live near there and returned from hunting the area on thursday. Stay low in the valleys and whitetail should be no problem. There is a fsr that goes from Tete Jaune to Dunster and there are a lot of deer along this road. Be aware that there is a lot of private land as you get close to Dunster. We hunted for a week and seen several mulies and whities. Snow will be near and is already there if you go high. Hope this helps you......Good Luck