PDA

View Full Version : looking for a new hunting partner

4570hunter
10-22-2008, 11:43 AM
This year it was my first year without my buddy, after over 10 years he can't hunt anymore since last year due to health problems. I did go hunting this year and harvested a nice deer but I was alone. This was not problem for me except it was kinda lonely out there for a week. Pretty quite anyways, I am actively looking for a hunter partner for next year. I have over 15 years of hunting experience mostly bow hunting and some gun hunting. This year I was gun hunting. I'm fit and walk about 6-10 miles a day during hunting season . I don't hunt for horns only meat. I passed up several bull moose this year (too old) Next year, I would like to hunt early for elk. I can saddle and pack horses myself (certified) but that's just a one skill I have. If anyone is interested let me know

we can meet, have a beer talk a bit no hurry though we got a whole year!

Cheers to all and good luck hunting

jeeper
10-22-2008, 08:41 PM
This year it was my first year without my buddy, after over 10 years he can't hunt anymore since last year due to health problems.

My best wishes for you 4570 !

Tuff to loose a freind that youve had many years hunting with !

Bruce

hunter1947
10-23-2008, 05:32 AM
I have the same problem sometimes no one wants to go hunting when i want to go.

I am headed out for 4 days tomorrow for island deer and I will be going by myself :frown:.

I guess I just like to hunt to much and others can't get the time off to hunt when I want to hunt.
Next year I will be in the EK for the opening of elk and again i will be by myself for the 10 days of bow season.

Its hard to find a hunting partner that can go when you want to go on hunts ,it has never worked out for me ever.

I wish you luck at finding someone that will become your hunting partner ,good luck http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

sneg
10-23-2008, 08:21 AM
With job and family commitments it is not easy to have partner which have same hunting plans as yours. I have gone quite few times last year and this year by myself only. I does not make hunt less enjoyable,but still you want to share those fine moments with somebody.Plus it is safer to be with group, bad stuff happens to good people. Let's see if our interests coincide.I'll send PM. Cheers.

25tikka
10-23-2008, 07:43 PM
I posted a similar thread this year for caribou and had a lot of replies. Found a great partner who lives in the same time with the same problem as myself...A full time job!! We managed to get a great caribou hunt and will hunt again. There are lots of us in the same predicament so I am sure you will get alot of prospects for a good partner. Good luck