PDA

View Full Version : Robson valley elk draw

barry1974w
10-22-2008, 11:10 AM
I've been applying for a late season elk draw in the robson valley for a bit over ten years, this year I got it. Normally I would drive out there in the summer and seek permission for places to hunt and do a bit of mild scouting. But this is also the summer I chose to build a house and get married, so I've been really busy and haven't had the time. So if anybody has any advice on where the elk seem to concentrate in the begining of December or know any land owners who have depredation problems with elk in the haystacks, please let me know. The hunt is resticted to private land or crown land within 2 kms of private land. MU's 7-02, 7-03, 7-04, and 7.05.

Thanks

boxhitch
10-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Check with the MOE for the area. They may have contact numbers for landowners with troubles, similar to Dawson Cr. area.

MattB
10-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Im not sure which MU's are which but ive seem elk all over the hillside and fields near McBride. If you take the road on the south side of the bridge just south of Mcbride and drive North there is some private land in there that usually has elk on it...could be worth a look to see if you can get permission!

barry1974w
10-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks, I'll look into it.