PDA

View Full Version : another season, no elk

bckev
10-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Well elk season is over and once again no six point bull for me. Did call in a five point but after much discussion he refused to grow and additional point so that I could warm him with some lead. Took a long time to find the elk this year and when I did I couldn't get enough time off to go get them. Working for a living sucks, if anyone wants to sponsor me to a life of leisure drop me a line.
Guess I have to concentrate on moose and deer from now on. The end of season is in sight.

boxhitch
10-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Good you got a chance. Locating may come easier for next year .
My season is just starting. Elk Valley anyone ?

Shed Hunter
10-22-2008, 11:40 AM
I got an elk roast here for you. just a taste so you will look again next year.

bckev
10-22-2008, 02:42 PM
Shedhunter I need to try and get up your way to do some hunting don't see any oopenings in my schedule.

Shed Hunter
10-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Let two 4 point white tails go the other day. could not get close enough to put your name on them. They where to small for me. A moose and elk in the freezer. only looking for Mr. BIG.

doubled
10-22-2008, 04:13 PM
After giving some to my parents and friends, I could easily go through a moose and elk in a year.

Everett
10-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Went through half a moose, an Elk, a bear, a mule deer, 32 grouse and two white tails last year. Already eaten half a caribou this year.

sawmill
10-22-2008, 05:26 PM
BCKev I feel for you.I live in elk central apparently but I can`t get more than a day in a row to hunt.I would kill to have 2 weeks in elk season to hunt but work pays the bills.I get out when I can,so I mostly get deer,and firewood.I ain`t bitching,at least I`m warm and fed but ......................TWO WEEKS!!!!! Maybe next year i`ll get the time.:smile:

drakfero
10-22-2008, 06:00 PM
At least i would like to see an elk.. I've seen Karpatian elk in Slovakia , it was huge. Any tips to at least spot one around Vancouver

Caveman
10-22-2008, 07:21 PM
How on earth would anyone eat a moose and elk in one season?
All I'll eat this year is Shed soup :)

I've got half a Bison, half a moose and 3/4 of an elk. I'm up to the challenge. Still out for Mr. Buck SR as well. I never ever quite clean out the freezers, but when fresh goes, in I usually give some away or look into sausage. Beef is left for the restaurants as far as I'm concerned

bcbooner
10-22-2008, 09:53 PM
bckev,Elk hunting can be a tough game,just when you think you get them cased they pull a new trick on you .I have been hunting Bulls for 20+ years in the E.K.and shot my 18th Bull this year.Still tough and still learning.Better luck next year

hunter1947
10-23-2008, 05:22 AM
Bckev don't get down on yourself so hard ,last year I counted 30 bull elk and I could not put a 6 point on any of them http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif.

I had not got a bull elk in 6 years of hard hunting for them and I mean hard hunting.

If you don't get one this year look forward to the next and if not the next then the next ,just keep at it sooner or later you will get one ,I finally had it happen to me this year after a 6 year drought http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif.

bckev
10-23-2008, 09:04 AM
I keep looking forward to next year, I just want to have a year where I feel I hunted as much as I wanted. Another thing to look forward too.