PDA

View Full Version : Two bucks same spot

cinnabear
10-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Here's a couple bucks, one my 12 year old son got and the other was a good buddy of mine, his first. They were both taken in region 3 at the same spot different times same circumstances. We drove out to the spot late saturday afternoon's and walked in and set up. It didn't take long to spot the numerous does walking around us, didn't really see any bucks but lot's of does. We slept in the truck and was up early to walk into the area and set up again. For my son's buck, I spotted him laying down about 350 yds away in some alder bushes. We walked up behind a bluff and when we crept over the top to see him there he was and he didn't have a clue we were there. I told my son to crawl into a shooting position and get ready, when he was he couldn't see the deer but I could. we waited and when he finally stepped out my son looked at me and mouthed the words "I can see him" I gave him the thumbs up and he anchored him at 140yds with his 243. I was one proud father.

The other deer my buddy got was pretty much the same way except it had a lot more excitement. We were set up about 100yds from each other in the morning glassing lots of does. I told my buddy earlier that you have to be patient and look lot's because the bucks wiil be laying down in odd area's. After about 1.5 hours I made my way over towards him but set up a little way's from him. I was looking at some deer that I was watching all morning laying down when I looked over in the wide open grass and WOW! There was a pretty decent buck laying out there with his rack looking tall. I looked over at my buddy and motioned him to come over, when he got to where I was I asked him if he seen that buck of which he replied "ya I've been watching him all morning". I asked him why didn"t you put the stalk on him and shoot him of which he replied I don't know [ rookies]. It was good he didn't anyway. The deer suddently got up and I thought he had us so I told buddy get ready for a shot, when he was ready and almost ready to pull the trigger I set hold on. The deer apparently got up not because he made us but he wanted to go see his two buddies that where laying down about 75 yds away. Well holy crap now there's 3 decent bucks standing there and a couple of them were sparring a little bit, now it's time to shoot. We looked at them and it sounded kinda like this, the one the left. no the middle one , wait the far one, no hold on the one on the right, you get the picture. We finally picked one and buddy shot and missed, I told him to shoot again, missed again. Hold on, the bucks actually started walking towards us, we watched them cut the distance in half between us. Then they entered this littlle balsam stand left over from logging, and my buddy looks at me and say's " hey man I gotta go" [chilli night before]. I looked at him and said you gotta be kidding those bucks are going to step out any second get your butt in a shooting position and get ready. He did, and it wasn't long before the first buck came out but we waited, we wanted to see the other ones first, second one comes out, wait, buddy's sizing up first one with an itchy finger but I'm telling him to wait and see #3. Just then #3 walks out and up to #1 nose to nose and he is the one. Buddy nails him at 180 yds with 30-06. You think those other bucks took off, know way they just stand around and not only that but 2 bucks we didn't see jump out of that balsam stand and one of them is the biggest off all. These bucks are all standing there as my buddy say's I gotta go now and he takes off to do the deed. When he gets back the deer are still standing there but slowly moving off, I show the big one to my buddy and he can't believe it. We make our way over to his deer and he's pretty excited at what he just got and not dissapointed at all that he didn't get the other one. Wow what a morning, what a spot.

showtimebc
10-21-2008, 09:49 PM
wow great bucks and an awsome story! lots of action!

Dragginbait
10-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Holy crap.
Thats one that you'll remember everytime you pucker up in the woods. I can't believe all the first timers this fall, it's lookin' good.

doubled
10-22-2008, 05:54 AM
Awesome, that is what it is all about. Congrats

hunter1947
10-22-2008, 06:02 AM
Nice two deer they got ,congrats.

Stillhunting
10-22-2008, 06:55 AM
Good deer, sounds like you've found yourself a productive spot, it's nice to have a few of those. Rookies are always good for a few laughs:lol:

phearless
10-22-2008, 07:03 AM
Congrats to both hunters.
And thanks for sharing the story.

sneg
10-22-2008, 07:40 AM
interesting story.congrats to both happy hunters and proud father.

ZENYO
10-22-2008, 07:46 AM
Nice story! Great deers.... Thanks!

stroh72
10-22-2008, 12:55 PM
That must be some chili.......strong enough to make a grown man walk away from 3 bucks.WOW.
Congrats great story.

DWEL
10-22-2008, 01:20 PM
^^^ LOL was thinking the same thing.

Congrats to both.
Dave

JRG94
10-22-2008, 02:10 PM
where abouts was that?

meat hunter
10-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Wow I love a happy ending.