PDA

View Full Version : Road condition along Chehalis River

sksman
09-12-2005, 01:47 PM
Has anyone tried driving all the way up there along the forest service road? How is the condition over there?

Also, anyone been to Florence/Stave Lake area hunting? Any luck over there?:smile:

Fred
09-12-2005, 02:29 PM
Last time I was up on the Chehalis the roads were dandy even for a car. As to the Stave area, there is still a lot of undergrowth and it is real hard to see anything in that Rainforest. If you have access to a boat,drifting along the shoreline of Stave could be productive or possibly motor in to someplace like Glacier Point and hunt from there. Fred

sksman
09-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Last time I was up on the Chehalis the roads were dandy even for a car. As to the Stave area, there is still a lot of undergrowth and it is real hard to see anything in that Rainforest. If you have access to a boat,drifting along the shoreline of Stave could be productive or possibly motor in to someplace like Glacier Point and hunt from there. Fred

Thanks! I looked into the map and didn't think Stave/Florence is gonna be a good spot. Too narrow for anything to move around.