PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy meindles?

Alpine Addict
10-21-2008, 08:12 PM
I did what everyone says not to do. Cheaped out on boots and now its kicking my in the butt. Who sells them in the lower mainland? I think there is a place in vancouver but not sure. And any certain boot I should look for? I do alot of hiking/backpacking s I need something that will last, waterproof and good ankle support. thanks!

AA

blacktail18
10-21-2008, 08:13 PM
cabales that were i got mine

bigmike
10-21-2008, 08:18 PM
AJ Brooks on west broadway

Lil Buck
10-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Go cabelas even though the exchange rate sucks They have the best warranty out there

DavidGordon
10-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Mine came from AJ Brooks (Across from MEC). They are more expensive than Cabele's but you get an ultra efficient fitting session that all but guarantee's a perfect boot.

Another plus is the gentleman who runs/owns the shop seems VERY keen on hunters.

bigmike
10-21-2008, 08:20 PM
cabelas is good but if you want a boot that will be stretched to fit your foot properly then go see the guys at AJ Brooks
they are not granola crunchers like MEC across the street.....lol

boxhitch
10-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Cabelas does not have the Canada Pro model, if thats the one you want go to AJB.

Gateholio
10-21-2008, 09:05 PM
AJ Brooks- You pay a wee bit more than Cabelas, but the service more than makes up for it.

My GF and I have weird feet- Mine are size 11 long and about the same wide:razz: My Gf's are almost as long and thin...We went all over looking for boots for her and eventually ended up at AJ BRooks and she got hte MEindals, which fit. We were hoping ot pay a little less, since she doesn't do extended trips, but in the end we paid the price and got boots that fit...

David Heitsman
10-21-2008, 09:16 PM
I buy from Cabelas and have also had them fitted at AJ Brooks.
Marks Work Warehouse sometimes carries the lighter Meindles, I got some for my then teenage son there.

Dirty
10-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Hub sports in Abbotsford gets them in.

lapadat
10-21-2008, 09:49 PM
My first pair was from Marks Workwear house and the my second was from AJ Brooks.

lap

twoSevenO
10-21-2008, 09:51 PM
I got mine from Cabelas. THe perfekt hunter model. Been wearing them hunting and hiking and got nothing but good to say about them. Would buy them again if i had to :)
I drove down to the Cabela's store in Lacey WA when they opened up and got them there. I was a little sceptical about buying online. That store is pretty awesome! ;)

rishu_pepper
10-21-2008, 10:02 PM
+1 for the service at AJ Brooks. Got mine there. If I had gone online I would've bought it one size too large. Those fitters know what they're talking about :)

dunbartr
10-21-2008, 10:33 PM
If your up Vernon way, Fisher's Hardware carries them. Larry knows the boots well too.

brian
10-21-2008, 10:58 PM
I went and tried on some Meindles at AJBrooks, I didn't buy but if I did I would definitely pay the extra and get them in person. The ones I tried on fit my feet as comfortably as a pair of undersized ski boots. They said they could stretch them into a perfect fit if I needed, which I would absolutely have needed to make the brake in period not completely suck.

goatdancer
10-22-2008, 01:43 PM
AJ Brooks definitely. I blew a seam in my first pair and they had them fixed, no charge.

Gunner
10-22-2008, 01:52 PM
If your up Vernon way, Fisher's Hardware carries them. Larry knows the boots well too.Fisher's is about $50 cheaper too! Gunner

JeffR
10-22-2008, 04:58 PM
AJ Brooks for me as well. Just bought a pair from them and they really took the time to fit me properly. I went out last weekend, hiked all day Sat & Sun and my feet felt great the whole time.

As for the model of boot, I went with the Island Pro. They are fairly stiff and have great support, but are still comfortable for long walks on any terrain. Some of the more serious mountianeering styles are so stiff they feel like ski boots. Seems like they would be more than you need for most hunts. The Island Pro's seem like they have some insulation, but not a ton. My feet were warm all weekend though.

NaStY
10-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Hub sports in Abbotsford gets them in.

I was going to post the same thing. Only downfall with hubs, is they may have to order your size... Either way, its a wait.