PDA

View Full Version : Weekend hunt

moosehunter16
10-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Well my dad and I decide to go for a weekend hunt up in the Okanagan. we arrived there on saturday early morning and began our hunt. Right off that bat we got a grouse. Not bad for beening there no more than 20 min.:razz: We continued on the day and got a couple more grouse. We decide to go check out this alapha field that one of our friends owns. It was getting close to dark when we got there. There were about 5 does feeding. we watched them for a while hoping that a buck would come out but he never did. so we decide to call it a day and go back there sunday morning. We woke up early sunday morning and headed to the field. there were about 10 does feeding there when we arrived. we waited awhile but decided that there were no bucks there. we headed out back into the forest and about no more then 7km in we saw 2 bucks and a doe running to the left of us. my dad stopped the truck i hopped out of the truck and followed after them. my dad continued to drive around and cut them off at the next switch back of the road. sure enough they did run across the road and my dad was there he stopped the truck pulled out his gun aimed...... and the sun glared in his scope. He couldn't get the shot off because of the glare. he hopped back in the truck and went to the next switchback in the road and he saw the bucks bolting across the road and that was the end of it. he came back and picked me up and told me what happened.. too bad but we hoped we would see some more. But we didn't we ended up gettin another couple of grouse and 2 rabbits.
All in all it was a fun hunt and we are hoping to do it again next weekend.

Cheers, CD

doubled
10-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Sounds like a close calls there. Welcome to the craziness.

moosehunter16
10-21-2008, 09:25 PM
yea no doubt

open-sights
10-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Time for better optics, better to learn that lesson early. Any hunting with Pops is fun though!

hunter1947
10-22-2008, 06:22 AM
Sometimes road hunting just does not pay off the way you want it to.

At least you had a good outing with your dad and that is just as good as far as I am concerned ,next time partner http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif.

sneg
10-22-2008, 07:55 AM
road hunt is all about chance.sometimes you get it, but mostly probably not.at leat you got some chickes.most important you had time with your dad,enjoy it.those memories forever.

Mr. Dean
10-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Welcome!

I like road hunting w/ the Old Man. All I ever get is Ditch Chickens, but still, I like it.