PDA

View Full Version : 4 days to go!

Wild_Dog
10-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Well its four days till my brothers come up for our week long deer hunt. Looks like we may lose our pilot for the trip so no jet boat....sucks but oh well.

Trying to decide between taking them out to the Blackwater region or heading to somewhere between Horsefly and McLeese Lake. Really want to try and avoid the gong show of hunters but we tend to walk off the roads anyways (too poor for quads!).

So you interior folk...if you had to choose........

doubled
10-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Haven't been to those areas but good luck. Hopefully you run into a big boy.

BCrams
10-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Why not try up along the Quesnel River along the east side (north side depending how you look at it).

Wild_Dog
10-21-2008, 06:58 PM
We did the whole Nyland Lake thing last year (northeast Quesnel River) and I've been there lots over the last 5 years or so. Seems that there is always a ton of people in that area. Lot of the locals head up that way. Still it is an option, maybe if I go further along to Quesnel Forks area?? Again, never hunted that far north along the Quesnel River.

BCrams
10-21-2008, 07:00 PM
We did the whole Nyland Lake thing last year (northeast Quesnel River) and I've been there lots over the last 5 years or so. Seems that there is always a ton of people in that area. Lot of the locals head up that way. Still it is an option, maybe if I go further along to Quesnel Forks area?? Again, never hunted that far north along the Quesnel River.

Same thing with out of towners hitting Mcleese and locals hitting the blackwater area.

todbartell
10-21-2008, 07:06 PM
easiest to just stay home! watch hunting shows on tv

Wild_Dog
10-21-2008, 07:10 PM
yah...guess its something that just has to be dealt with....I should just throw a rope around one of those pulp mill bucks that are always in my backyard eating my apples....they can have a shot at him:twisted:

I hate trying to make these decisions last minute....feels like a ton of pressure to get my bros into deer....
So I'm trying to pass the buck on to you guys...:biggrin: pun intended

elkdom
10-21-2008, 07:16 PM
easiest to just stay home! watch hunting shows on tv

Is it mandatory to wear "camo" and use "scent bloc" when watching the Primos Gang shootin baited deer on TV ???

rishu_pepper
10-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Is it mandatory to wear "camo" and use "scent bloc" when watching the Primos Gang shootin baited deer on TV ???

Unless it's pink camo, in which case, ask Derp for a loaner. :lol:

elkdom
10-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Unless it's pink camo, in which case, ask Derp for a loaner. :lol:

Havn't met 'Derp' and it dont sound like I want to meet him! lol

rishu_pepper
10-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Havn't met 'Derp' and it dont sound like I want to meet him! lol

Ask and ye shall receive, this thread is epic:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=25871&highlight=pink

hunter1947
10-22-2008, 06:29 AM
If I was to go into the likely area I would head up to ghost lake area ,I have heard that there are some monster mulies in that area and in around cariboo lake..

BCrams
10-22-2008, 06:34 AM
yah...guess its something that just has to be dealt with....I should just throw a rope around one of those pulp mill bucks that are always in my backyard eating my apples....they can have a shot at him:twisted:

I hate trying to make these decisions last minute....feels like a ton of pressure to get my bros into deer....
So I'm trying to pass the buck on to you guys...:biggrin: pun intended

You want them to get a buck ..... go to Junction.

There's a difference between "getting a buck" versus "hunting trophy bucks" and it appears your brothers would be happy just to get a buck.

Wild_Dog
10-22-2008, 08:01 AM
They would be happy just getting a buck. Not looking for trophies just a spot with a good chance and not a ton of people.

I thought about the junction but I was under the impression that there is no camping allowed....? I'll check again later.