PDA

View Full Version : Ecco Boots

Wild_Dog
10-21-2008, 05:09 PM
My Danner's were leaking bad after only 3 weeks....so I took them back (thanks to Franks in Quesnel for being cool about it).

So I've decided to quit being cheap and am looking at a pair of Ecco boots that my boss picked up in PG yesterday and would sell them to me. (They haven't been worn at all....we are the same size).

So...any thoughts on these boots? They are pricey (to me!)...350 + tax. Full grain leather, gortex, vibram soles, etc. Made in Portugal. Any experiences with these boots? I'm a surveyor (in training) so I'm in boots all day long in some tough terrain.

Coyote
10-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Haven't heard of those but if you want a good pair of boots try Viberg in Victoria. Canadian made. I've worn them logging and hunting for years and have nothing but good things to say about them. My current pair were bought in 1998 and are just about to go in for re soling. I've worn boots for over 40 years and these are the best I've seen.

'yote

7mag700
10-23-2008, 09:22 AM
I've not tried the boots, but Ecco shoes are the finest, period. They are so light/flexible it feels like you're wearing slippers all day. I have two pairs. My dad started me on them - Ecco footwear is all he'll buy.

I can't think how you'd go wrong with them for a hunting boot. In fact I'm jealous. :mrgreen: