PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy tags in Surrey or Langley ?

Slime green cat
10-21-2008, 03:58 PM
Does Wal mart sell tags ? I have heard conflicting info ???
I am headed out to Langley tonight and was going to try Specialty Shooting Sports, but just checked the website and they are closed till Nov 1st ...
How about the Guilford area of Surrey ? I pass through there on my way home most days so that would work .

I need a couple tags by Friday and I am working every day so I need somewhere I can swing by on my way home .
I am working in Coquitlam and PoCo and live in White Rock, any suggestions for a place thats not too far out of my way ??

Mr. Dean
10-21-2008, 04:05 PM
WallyWorld sells them.
As does Army and Navey (I believe...)
Specialty Shooting is no more (closed and moved outta town)
The guy across the street (Langley Guns) sells them.
Hunters in Guilford sells them.

smokey
10-21-2008, 04:27 PM
guildford walmart for sure,or if their out of tags with is pretty often,go to the 88th and 128th walmart they always have lots of tags

trail blazer
10-21-2008, 05:31 PM
phone before you go,it may save some running around

rishu_pepper
10-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Northside Hardware is in PoCo and they sell all sorts of tags. Remember cash only!

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=326629&postcount=19

BCLongshot
10-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Next your gonna ask where to go hunting I bet. :?

newhunterette
10-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Walmart sells tags
Army and Navy sells tags
even some shell service stations and small corner stores sell them
Hub Sports in abby sells them

Slime green cat
10-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Next your gonna ask where to go hunting I bet. :?

Nope, I got that covered .... I have spent lots and lots of time in the backwoods of this great province and logged many a mile of backroads ... I'm not a total newb, just the hunting part :tongue:
I know where I can buy tags ... just dont know a place thats on my way home that I can get to around my work schedule .

As for everyone else, thanks for all the suggestions .
Didn't know about Northside hardware in PoCo at Praire and Coast meridian .... I got gas at the Petro Can there today on my way home :redface: wish I would have looked around a bit .... I am back there tommorow so I will swing by there and pick up my tags .

Thanks everyone . :smile: (except BClongshot) :roll:

newhunterette
10-21-2008, 10:07 PM
get your tags and good luck on your trip :)

mijinkal
10-22-2008, 08:23 AM
I got my tags from Army & Navy in Langley.
Wal-Mart Langley does not sell hunting licenses or tags but do sell Fishing licenses.
Langley Guns on 56th and 205th also sells them.
As said before Specialty Shooting is closed.
That's all I know of in Langley.

pikey
10-22-2008, 08:46 AM
Just for info, if you are going to buy your tags at Wally world etc. KNOW what you are supposed to get, most likely they won't. I was in there the other day and there was a guy buying his species tags and they had the cards laid out seperately, no Booklet (hunting license).
They were looking for the license but both the clerk and the hunter were talking about if the species licenses were good enough without the booklet, I suggested that might not be a good idea.

Telling the CO as he takes your rifle that the clerk at Walmart said I was all good probably isn't going to fly ;)

LOC
10-22-2008, 12:30 PM
Just for info, if you are going to buy your tags at Wally world etc. KNOW what you are supposed to get, most likely they won't. I was in there the other day and there was a guy buying his species tags and they had the cards laid out seperately, no Booklet (hunting license).
They were looking for the license but both the clerk and the hunter were talking about if the species licenses were good enough without the booklet, I suggested that might not be a good idea.

Telling the CO as he takes your rifle that the clerk at Walmart said I was all good probably isn't going to fly ;)

x2 to that! Numerous times I've filled out my own cards etc. cause the clerk didn't know what to do.

After the one time I was stopped, and the CO said I didn't have a valid liscense (the clerk forgot to put the red stamp on the second page [and I didn't notice:redface:] ) I've been very carefull about what is/isn't written/stamped!

DWEL
10-22-2008, 01:12 PM
IMHO, they shouldn't be allowed to sell them if they don't know WTF they are doing.
I got my muley tag from Walmart and when I showed it to the butcher he informed me that it wasn't filled out correctly. I guess I should have known better but if I'm a noob and they are noobs someone is going to get into some hot water with a CO sooner or later.
Whatever you do double check before you leaveon your hunt that all is filled out properly. :redface:
Dave

Slime green cat
10-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Thanks for all the reply's :smile:

I picked up my tags today at Northside hardware ..
The guy seemed to know what he was doing so I will assume they are right .

Heading out tommorow after work to region 3 and/or 8 for a buck or maybe even the elusive 2 point immature moose .

mud-dog27
10-23-2008, 09:12 PM
I got my tags from Army & Navy in Langley.
Wal-Mart Langley does not sell hunting licenses or tags but do sell Fishing licenses.
Langley Guns on 56th and 205th also sells them.
As said before Specialty Shooting is closed.
That's all I know of in Langley.

last i checked langley walmart sold tags its just a matter of getting the right idiot behind the counter i know cause ive gotten in aruements with them then they call up the head person and i get my tags