PDA

View Full Version : Much to do about nothin,or did i just miss the show

T bone
10-21-2008, 01:12 PM
My hunting partner and i were lucky enough to draw a zone x cow calf tag for the cranbrook area ,i have hunted this area for many years and am quite aware of some of the gong show that can occur in the lowland areas ,particularly the shit feilds portion,our draw was for the oct 1-10 season and after hearing many reports of it being a gong show for the earlier senoir youth season and earlier leh season i was a little concerned that it may end up being a unsafe and un enjoyable hunt,but i figured we could find an area that wasnt heavily pounded and get away from the crowds so on we went,we spent two weeks hunting and to our surprise the areas that we hunted were not overcome with hunters,we didnt even see another hunter in our area until the third day of our trip,on the fourth day we harvested our cow on the fifth day we got a nice whitetail,so off to town we go to hang our meat.At this point i decided to take a drive around the low land areas and the shit feilds to see this gong show first hand but it didnt materialize,actually it seem quite quiet for the couple of days we checked it out,maybe we just missed all the action.all in all it was a most enjoyable hunt with no incidences to speak of.