PDA

View Full Version : Peace Area

Bowzone_Mikey
10-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Heading up near Dawson creek and Hudson hope in search for Elk/Deer ..

any specific tips for the area ... Gonna be based out of Arras at my wifes Grandpas place

Bow Walker
10-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Is that anything like the 'arras' that you're gonna stick into those aforesaid elk/deer?

Good luck out there MIKEY.

elkdom
10-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Heading up near Dawson creek and Hudson hope in search for Elk/Deer ..

any specific tips for the area ... Gonna be based out of Arras at my wifes Grandpas place

whats dates you up here for your hunt? elk open now till Oct 31 ,7-20a antlerless and any bull 3 points or better,deer dont start untill Nov 1st? Arras lots of deer and elk, mostly private land, your inlaws must have friendly neighbors?? some land to hunt!

elkdom
10-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Is that anything like the 'arras' that you're gonna stick into those aforesaid elk/deer?

Good luck out there MIKEY.

'arras' hahaha pretty witty for a bow hunter! lol

dukester
10-20-2008, 08:22 PM
P.M sent.. :-P

trigger
10-20-2008, 10:53 PM
want to send me a pm to. haha i live in that country and still dont know where to hunt.

trigger
10-21-2008, 09:52 AM
hey wayne. i believe butler ridge is in 7- 36 wich is not open for elk this year. hey how about a beer tonight. you going to be around????

hunter1947
10-21-2008, 12:24 PM
hey wayne. i believe butler ridge is in 7- 36 wich is not open for elk this year. hey how about a beer tonight. you going to be around????
Scott I want to be out in my treestand tonight ,the rut is starting to go.

Give me a call and we can talk maybe I can cancel the hunt tonight :roll:.

And yes your right on that region being cloused for elk ,it is 7-35.

jml11
10-21-2008, 12:49 PM

I don't know butler ridge but 7-36 is indeed open for elk. The regulations synopsis had some significant errors in Region 7B which were corrected in the regulations corrections posted a couple months ago.

Flingin' Sticks
10-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Was just up there last weekend. We were hunting right on the banks of the peace near the moberly area (at least thats where I think we ended up...we changed plans about four times). It's super tough hunting right now. I don't know what it is (too much pressure earlly on maybe?), but we didn't even see an elk. quite a few whitetails though.

good luck for sure. show us what we did wrong and bag an elk.

jml11
10-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Scott I want to be out in my treestand tonight ,the rut is starting to go.

Give me a call and we can talk maybe I can cancel the hunt tonight :roll:.

And yes your right on that region being cloused for elk ,it is 7-35.

7-35...also open, review the corrections page

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/0809/docs/CorrectionsPoster.pdf

Some of 7-35 is even within the new aggriculutral zone and is open for cows and 3 point bulls til the end of the month

hunter1947
10-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks JMl 11 for that input.

I just deleted my thread telling BM where to go for elk in around hudson's hope.
If BM is still interested in still going to that area I had posted for him ,he can send a message to me and I will tell him the place where I saw elk.

trigger
10-21-2008, 02:53 PM
wow. good to know that that area is still open. i was up in the hills in that area and saw lots of elk earlier. saw some nice mulie bucks as well. maybe a quick trip whn i get back home is in order.

Bowzone_Mikey
10-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Of course I am interested '47 .... Ya I am going up that area to try after an elk to fill the freezer and try to get some Deer scouting in.

Wifes Mothers father in Arras is where I am basing out of he got a small hobby farm now but knows pretty much everyone in the area when he ran a big place ... wifes Fathers Uncle has a plot just out of Hudson hope and knows dang near everyone in that area too

I plan on going up on the 24th with my bow and Bang stick