PDA

View Full Version : Churn Creek

oddsix
10-20-2008, 06:39 PM
Well folks the time has come, im heading up to 5-3 on wednesday. Has anyone been in the area latley? any action?

thanks guys

mark
10-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Well folks the time has come, im heading up to 5-3 on wednesday. Has anyone been in the area latley? any action?

thanks guys

Just got home from there, was there for 4 days, all I can say is you better have a doe draw if you want to be successful! As always, there was lots of hunters and zero success, but the scenery is still great!

oddsix
10-21-2008, 06:51 PM
Just got home from there, was there for 4 days, all I can say is you better have a doe draw if you want to be successful! As always, there was lots of hunters and zero success, but the scenery is still great!

Well i got a doe so, should be pretty good. but a buckaroo would be great lol

David Heitsman
10-21-2008, 09:22 PM
I have friends heading in this weekend with horses and I was on Google Earth showing them around. I expressed that I thought it was too early.
Would you guys concur?

I'm looking at the 12th to the 19th of November this year. It's a few days later than the last few years.

mark
10-21-2008, 10:22 PM
The problem with right now is nearly every deer out there, lives in the alphalfa feilds! Nearly every buck on crown land is already dead or living underground! Even by mid nov. there is little migration to the low lands. And there certainly will be hundreds of guys trying. Spectacular scenery out there, but theres way better places to find a trophy buck IMO. Best of luck to all that try! twas truly the worst scene Ive ever seen it in all the years Ive been going out there!