PDA

View Full Version : Skinning, Fleshing and Boarding Coyotes

Pete
10-20-2008, 06:29 PM
There have been quite a few postings over the past couple of years regarding Coyotes and what to do with them. If there is enough interest I would be willing to run a small class in pelt handling. It would include areas such as hands on skinning demonstration, instruction on how to turn ears, split lips and skinning paws, hands on fleshing, sewing and washing of pelts, boarding and turning of pelts, proper drying, storage and marketing of pelts. It would be a one day class that I would hold in my shop here in Coldstream. There would be a minimal cost that would cover course materials, lunch and incidentals. If there is enough of a response I will set a date in late Nov. or early Dec.
Cheers
Pete
Instructor BC Trappers Association

Alpine Addict
10-20-2008, 06:55 PM
If there is alot of response I might be intrested

killman
10-20-2008, 06:58 PM
I would definitely be in, if you were a lot closer:frown:

Chuck
10-20-2008, 07:30 PM
I would definitely be in, if you were a lot closer:frown:

I wonder why a guy couldn't make a CD of that then sell them?

pinebushman
10-20-2008, 07:54 PM
I have always wanted to learn those skills. If only for a day I would consider the drive as long as there was no interference with my univ schedule.

Or as mentioned-- purchase a cd / dvd!!

Keep me posted either way.

ktown
10-20-2008, 08:02 PM
I would be intrested aswell perhaps if you ran the class in Kelowna as it is more central just a thought

Pete
10-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Folks the only reason that I run out of my shop is the amount of gear.
With everyone skinning, fleshing and boarding it requires a lot of equipment to make a course of this type happen.
Cheers
Pete